BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

ckrueg

Reaction score
Can someone clarify... is it better to get more fuel in faster (100s and small PW) or the same amount in over a period of time (30s/45s at longer PW)?

Well theoretically getting the fuel in faster will allow more time for it to burn completely which should reduce egts. It also allows you to run less timing to keep the injection event around tdc, especially at 3k+rpms where a 2ms pulse is nearing 40 degrees of crank rotation.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Duramax tuner has 60% injectors in their max effort emissions compliant truck. 60's seem overkill for a truck that is going to be limited at 6-700 hp but they needed an injector that could make big power on a very short pw and think about how important low soot output will be on that truck. That's about the best non-scientific argument I have on lower pw/larger injector being better.

Just to be clear Pete I'm not trying to push you either way, I just think it's interesting conversation. Whether you go with 60's or 100 I'm sure you will be very happy with the outcome.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Duramax tuner has 60% injectors in their max effort emissions compliant truck. 60's seem overkill for a truck that is going to be limited at 6-700 hp but they needed an injector that could make big power on a very short pw and think about how important low soot output will be on that truck. That's about the best non-scientific argument I have on lower pw/larger injector being better.

Just to be clear Pete I'm not trying to push you either way, I just think it's interesting conversation. Whether you go with 60's or 100 I'm sure you will be very happy with the outcome.

I just have a hard time justifying the need for 100s when I won't even be using 60s to their full potential. In all honesty I will probably never compound the truck so 60s are more realistic as I'll be using a much lower PW coming from 15s. If I was dead set on going bigger charger or compounds I would be more interested in 100s but I just can't justify them with the reality I'll probably be staying with this setup for a long time. The truck is already stout I just want that extra bit of fuel to cap it off.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I just have a hard time justifying the need for 100s when I won't even be using 60s to their full potential. In all honesty I will probably never compound the truck so 60s are more realistic as I'll be using a much lower PW coming from 15s. If I was dead set on going bigger charger or compounds I would be more interested in 100s but I just can't justify them with the reality I'll probably be staying with this setup for a long time. The truck is already stout I just want that extra bit of fuel to cap it off.

Damn. In that case, I'd say do 45% or 60% over. Even if you decided to swap to Tadd's bigger 7175 charger, you'd still have plenty.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Well the decision has been made. Truck will be getting 60s. I deliberated for a long time about moving up to Elites 7175 kit but I'll be holding off. So truck is scheduled to get the 15s pulled and sent out to RCD to be punched out to 60s. Going to have Morgan revise the tune and I'll possibly put a small nitrous kit on it this summer to use up some of that extra fuel for ****s n giggles. As of right now the stock converter isn't slipping so until it decides to say peace out I'll continue to see how it holds. So come spring we'll get to see the next progression in the ongoing build. I'm curious to see how much difference more fuel will make. Shooting to have the new injectors and tuning finished up before UCC. After UCC I'll try to find some time to go back to Firepunk for another dyno session to see what gains were accomplished. It's also getting a TrueTrac for some winter maintenance since the factory Elocker decided to shred itself. It won't win any dyno contests but it should be some good information for those of you following my progression through turbos/fuel setups.

d3c7ac59652b38cc3508cf55f869daf2.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Much excite. Looking forward to riding around in it all weekend during UCC lol.

I'm taking it easy this time. Last diesel event I went to cost me quite a bit of money and a driving class LOL

Same here. I'm debating mounting my SF wheels on Pete's truck for UCC if he'll let me. Lol. For shiggles

Well I'm not going to say no to that. I'm down.

The Truetrac is awesome, one of the best mods I did. It is hard on fluids though so change often.

Yeah I should have done it sooner but never got around to it. The Elocker shredding itself made a good excuse to get one though haha. Everyone tells me they're awesome so I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning on running LE 1605 in it and I should have some extra left over for when it does need changed.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I'm taking it easy this time. Last diesel event I went to cost me quite a bit of money and a driving class LOL

Well I'm not going to say no to that. I'm down.

Yeah I should have done it sooner but never got around to it. The Elocker shredding itself made a good excuse to get one though haha. Everyone tells me they're awesome so I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning on running LE 1605 in it and I should have some extra left over for when it does need changed.

Be careful, you may finally want to switch to some 20's after running some SF's and seeing how they look.

I used LE704 in my diffs this go around, got a pail and have more than enough to do another change in both of them.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Be careful, you may finally want to switch to some 20's after running some SF's and seeing how they look.

I used LE704 in my diffs this go around, got a pail and have more than enough to do another change in both of them.
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing... I'm sure I'll like how they look. I'm just more of the modest look and business under the hood type of guy. But I could be a baller for a couple days

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing... I'm sure I'll like how they look. I'm just more of the modest look and business under the hood type of guy. But I could be a baller for a couple days

Bad part is anything less than a 22x14 is modest now. Make sure you get plenty of pictures of them with them on there though.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Bad part is anything less than a 22x14 is modest now. Make sure you get plenty of pictures of them with them on there though.

I'm being completely honest here. I run 20x10's now on a 35x13.50 and it's the exact look that I like. Proportionate, just a tiny bit of poke/stance, and it doesnt look blingy. I'm with Pete, my underhood and performance matter more than big donk wheels and tires.

These 22x12 are the biggest wheel I've ever owned and the widest and I'm still a little worried/skeptical about them TBH. I've never been big on the whole big rim/stance thing before. But I just couldn't pass up the deal I got on these wheels. If I had, I would have always regretted it I think.

I think they will look baller as *** on Pete's whip.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I'm being completely honest here. I run 20x10's now on a 35x13.50 and it's the exact look that I like. Proportionate, just a tiny bit of poke/stance, and it doesnt look blingy. I'm with Pete, my underhood and performance matter more than big donk wheels and tires.

These 22x12 are the biggest wheel I've ever owned and the widest and I'm still a little worried/skeptical about them TBH. I've never been big on the whole big rim/stance thing before. But I just couldn't pass up the deal I got on these wheels. If I had, I would have always regretted it I think.

I think they will look baller as *** on Pete's whip.

I really like the lip on my 12 wide welds, but my 13.5's on 10 wides stuck out the perfect amount. I don't mind how the 12's look at all, and like them a ton but I wish they had a little less poke(stance) to them. My wife really liked the 10 wides and calls the 12 wides my mexican wheels, but they really arent that bad she just does it to give me crap that I changed wheels. They fling enough crap where I don't even run them in the winter months because very time it rains I got crap all over the truck. Just run the stock wheels with 37x12.50s on them.

Im sure the 22x12's will look sweet on there though. Like I said anymore I don't think 12 wides are even getting into the stance game with all the 14's and 16's out there now.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Ended up needing a new R&P as well... the elocker decided to take the whole diff with it when it blew itself up. So that sucked but on the positive side I have a Yukon R&P / TrueTrac now... more than I had planned for it but definitely can't hurt to have Yukon Gears. Thanks to Jim for the liquid gold gear oil to keep it all running smooth. Also decided to powder coat the Elite turbo kit. It's an extreme chrome base overlayed with a translucent blue. Also decided the FTE 30" resonator was too quite so I switched to the Diamond Eye straight through perforated muffler. Takes just enough of the obnoxious out if it to be someone under the radar in town but still roars pretty good at wot. So nothing really exciting to happen until the end of March when it gets the bigger injectors. Then it's back to Firepunk to see what it does on the dyno.

17539883a08066f4443924b33a542898.jpg

31d5623c911449e09fae290594eaf591.jpg

f8a417b24af5ca78ef548acc0f63112b.jpg

817e3718f6f6b6fc35b3c1e5b2998cd6.jpg

5028eb6aa470f85e42c5cffacdcb3574.jpg

9fd54ab45035e9a51fbf1ebc36e0335a.jpg

d92a1e42af2cdb4ad15cacb72a4d6867.jpg

eea3705f26d44ac3da19d7ddb4bf2c76.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Looks good Pete. Sorry for a dumb question but what is the #22 cap thing?
That's the coolant cap PSE did to raise money for 22 Kill. They only made 100 of them and all the proceeds went to the veteran organization 22 Kill which raises awareness about veterans committing suicide. I had a friend who was a veteran kill himself and thought itd be a worth while organization to help out. But yeah it's a billet aluminum coolant cap.