BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

Smokun

Reaction score
Any fluid in the truck that is on an incline will not lubricate properly. Engine pickup for one would be a concern, The drivetrain is moving which means the rear end the transfer case and transmission are all out of their comfort zone. You may have problems you may not but I wouldn’t do it. With that being said I have never run 6.7 on a dyno so Maybe I shouldn’t speak on the subject. I am a 25 year L2 master tech though and I do understand how things react to fluid pressure and fluid level

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Any fluid in the truck that is on an incline will not lubricate properly. Engine pickup for one would be a concern, The drivetrain is moving which means the rear end the transfer case and transmission are all out of their comfort zone. You may have problems you may not but I wouldn’t do it. With that being said I have never run 6.7 on a dyno so Maybe I shouldn’t speak on the subject. I am a 25 year L2 master tech though and I do understand how things react to fluid pressure and fluid level

Firepunks dyno is exactly the same... so are about half the dynos in the country. I don't think they would be widely accepted if they caused mechanical harm. Maybe if you had a truck that wasn't maintained and had low fluids but nothing to worry about here

Sent from my Galaxy S7

cbrown

Reaction score
What? Do you think every road in America is flat? There are plenty of roads that put the truck on steeper inclines for long periods of time.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Thank goodness for angled dyno's. When my coolant line popped off it drained right off LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I'd say Pete's truck is overly maintained also. Nothing for him to worry about.

97stoker350

Reaction score
If the oil pickup is in the rear of the pan, there is a possibility of all the oil running away from it, which would starve the system for oil, and boom.

I have no idea what a 6.7 looks like inside the pan.

Have you ever had an oil pan off of anything? The pickup damn near lays on the bottom of the pan... and also the engine is tilted about 10 degrees nose high sitting in the truck so if anything the engine is completely level on the dyno. :fustrate:

PDT1081

Reaction score
Have you ever had an oil pan off of anything? The pickup damn near lays on the bottom of the pan... and also the engine is tilted about 10 degrees nose high sitting in the truck so if anything the engine is completely level on the dyno. :fustrate:

Many, many, times. Not a 6.7 though. You are aware that the situation of the oil pump moving oil faster than it can drain back to the pan exists? And a situation that causes oil to move away from the pickup will result in less oil being available to the pump?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you guys are looking into the dyno angle way to much.. evidently nobody has climbed sand dunes or when bogging or hill climbing or trail riding in a truck ever in history. lol

live life full throttle

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
It was topped off with LE8854 liquid gold and I monitor oil psi from the turbo feed line with EAS.... so yeah nothing to worry about

Sent from my Galaxy S7

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
My crawler has been on some narley angles even laid over on the side running and it still works fine with zero issues. Its a 5.3 with about 160k on the clock. Few times it has stayed like that for 20 to 30 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Smokun

Reaction score
Ok. Not gunna argue. Wonder why they make windage trays then. Thank you for your input. To each their own. FYI—it matters

sootie

Reaction score
Ok. Not gunna argue. Wonder why they make windage trays then. Thank you for your input. To each their own. FYI—it matters

to stop the crank from slapping the oil in the pan. Nothing to do with inclines...

Smokun

Reaction score
It was topped off with LE8854 liquid gold and I monitor oil psi from the turbo feed line with EAS.... so yeah nothing to worry about

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Sounds like u r prepared. Thank you sir for your response. Just wondering what y’all though about it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.