Build Time

Hullboy

Reaction score
Found a stash of amazing 95, 96, and 97 f350s that were in a guys barn amazing trucks him wanting to sell I bought one all stock 4x4 cclb with a zf5 the truck has 53300 on it and I want a build that will make about 700 hp not knowing much about the diesel world I turned here in search for help so send me lists of what I should get to achieve the goal. This is just a fun truck not pulling anything or daily driving it so go nuts.

sootie

Reaction score
Can you share information on the rest of the stash??

co04cobra

Reaction score
He still have the other 2 trucks??

For 700hp you'll want at least 300/200s possibly 400/400s. Turbo options are endless, but will for sure need a T-4 mount. You'll also need a upgraded oil system, most likely a swamps gen 3.

For injector builders I'll suggest Holders Diesel.

If you want complete reliability on a 700hp you should really consider upgrading the rods, at that time you would also do head studs, valve sprins, and pushrods.

With mileage as low as yours is, IMO, you would be money ahead to buy a core block for a 7.3 build and keep or sell that engine.

If that still has the other 2 trucks please PM me.

Hullboy

Reaction score
Sorry can't share the stash I'm surprised the guy even let me in to look at after I bugged hum for about a month, them let alone buy one but they have been hidden and that's how he wants it to stay

Hullboy

Reaction score
He had about 10 trucks in total with the pieces spread all over to build about 3 more, that's just the years he had and if I told you how much I paid for it y'all would **** bricks

Last edited:

hucorey

Reaction score
Ya, 700hp on fuel only can get expensive.

If you'd like pricing and a build sheet I'd be happy to help.

550hp build is quite a bit more manageable. As anything over 600hp involves quite a bit more work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I disagree strongly on injector choice for that number but I'd plan on 15-20k in the block alone.

Throw in turbos, fuel system, HPOP system, meth, etc.... Knocking on the door of $25-30.

Then at 700HP your factory brakes are not going to stop the truck. So now you're going to start looking at swapping in 05+ (ideally 08+ because those brakes are huge). So factor in another 5-6k (you're 4 linking obviously). Then you're likely going to do a rebuild and and lockers so lets say $10k.

Then you're going to need a race grade tranny from BTS or John woods so that's another $7500 or whatever the going rate is now for RACE GRADE.

So yea, about $47,500 is a safe base number. You'll want some add ons and do-dads. So lets say $55,000.

Now you could do a budget build and do it much less, but how many runs down the track are you going to last? You could do a super single, lotta poorly atomized fuel, lotta boost and spray and make that number and it will last a while. But eventually it's going to go boom and you're restarting.

Welcome to the diesel performance world, I hope you have a 6 figure income.

hucorey

Reaction score
You're not even close. For $55k, I can build you a race ready 1500hp p pump 7.3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Says the guy with compcam 910 springs and 250/200 injectors. How many times has a valve wacked a piston in that engine?

superpsd

Reaction score
If you do some of the work yourself you can stretch the checkbook. 700hp isn't what kills these engines its at that power level that torque is double. However with tuning, stock rods have lived beyond 700hp but those are builds that were tuned on a engine dyno where they were able to log cylinder pressure and tune to keep torque low and CP in check. Swamps has a engine package for like 17k I think for a 900hp capable long block. Once in a while used built long blocks come up for sale around the forums. If you keep an eye up on the classifieds and vendor sales and deals you can save a good amount of cash.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I just wanted to add.... this thread sux....

You guys are getting bent on building a kids toy that doesn't even understand what a diesel is!!! Good read and great entertainment tho...

Barn find... no concept of a run on sentence... tells all about it then can't tell how much he paid or where the trucks are... TOP SECRET FBI OBS TRUCKS.

SUPER lol... thanks for the Sunday Laugh!

Reaction score
I disagree strongly on injector choice for that number but I'd plan on 15-20k in the block alone.

Throw in turbos, fuel system, HPOP system, meth, etc.... Knocking on the door of $25-30.

Then at 700HP your factory brakes are not going to stop the truck. So now you're going to start looking at swapping in 05+ (ideally 08+ because those brakes are huge). So factor in another 5-6k (you're 4 linking obviously). Then you're likely going to do a rebuild and and lockers so lets say $10k.

Then you're going to need a race grade tranny from BTS or John woods so that's another $7500 or whatever the going rate is now for RACE GRADE.

So yea, about $47,500 is a safe base number. You'll want some add ons and do-dads. So lets say $55,000.

Now you could do a budget build and do it much less, but how many runs down the track are you going to last? You could do a super single, lotta poorly atomized fuel, lotta boost and spray and make that number and it will last a while. But eventually it's going to go boom and you're restarting.

Bud did you forget to take your meds or something? You come into every thread acting like some 7.3 guru. So far you have done nothing but mislead people with incorrect info.

Hullboy

Reaction score

You guys are getting bent on building a kids toy that doesn't even understand what a diesel is!!! Good read and great entertainment tho...

Barn find... no concept of a run on sentence... tells all about it then can't tell how much he paid or where the trucks are... TOP SECRET FBI OBS TRUCKS.

Look dude I don't want to see this crap someone is all bent out of shape over some crap that dosent matter. If you don't like what you see no one is stopping you from clicking off the page and going somewhere else. Also my knowledge on diesel is limited I know more about cars than anything, I own a 82 mercury Capri makes 600 at the rear wheels and I built that myself in my garage with my own two hands. So if you think I'm some dumb kid or has "no concept of a run on sentence" , then well not all people are English majors, I do have knowledge I just don't know where to begin. Including the fact that the owner of the trucks dosent want people knocking down his door to get to the trucks I will respect that I have known the old timer for years that's why he let me in and to tell you I did pay 8000 for a mint truck. So stop crying and bug off. And sux is spelled wrong by the way I do believe it is sucks.

97stoker350

Reaction score

Good thing you can read. The truck is a zf5 so 2k max for a double disk is all that's needed. There is also a couple already built 7.3 blocks In the classifieds for 6-8k. Where you're figuring 55k?? No idea.

If I wasn't on my third motor and second set of injectors and hpop I'd have about 22-24k in parts in mine but who's counting.

emev0l

Reaction score

$5,000-$6,000 for an axle swap? Then to rebuild them with axles you're at $10k? I'm gonna go with less then half of that price.

Strokersace

Reaction score

Thinking the EXACT same thing!

You don't have to be an "English major" to know what the heck Grammer and punctuation are and how to use them.

Barn find of 10 plus OBS trucks that are top secret...

It's a cool story, but not remotely believable!

Latest posts

Members online