Building 6.0 regulated returns

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the airdog 2 replaced the stock pump/filter thats the benefit of it. I would highly suggest a regulated return though on top of the AD2

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Cuz you get a regulated level down there and you can have fuel flowing in and out of the heads at a regulated level. I did my preventive mods to keep my injecotors fuel feed to the best.
A 3k+ set of injectors take a poop cuz of me not buying supporting mods didn't happen

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are you referring to the train of thought of having an ADII along with RR? Just wondering. I a little slow on the uptake today (err always).

No

So i mean like why is a fuel pump not good enough to keep fuel to the injectors. I kinda understand the concept of why rr are good just want to make sure i guess.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
well the theory behind it is the deadhead design starves the rear injectors of fuel even if the fuel pressure is consistent. The regulated return keeps the pressure up after all the fuel gets to all 8 injectors. Im sure someone can shed more light on it than I can. The AD2 just makes sure the fuel supply is there at the snap of a finger

AD = fuel supply
RR = fuel return

Highline South

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Being the injectors are only fed from the front banjos in stock form, the first three injectors receive fuel before the back two injectors, causing them to possibly run lean and not get enough fuel pressure being the last injector farthest from the feed line. With the back of the head open and circulating through the aeromotive,
You now have equal backpressure throughout the head and equal pressure of fuel for each injector. Also- since it's now circulating, no air can get trapped in the rail and forced out through an expensive injector possibly causing damage.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Being the injectors are only fed from the front banjos in stock form, the first three injectors receive fuel before the back two injectors, causing them to possibly run lean and not get enough fuel pressure being the last injector farthest from the feed line. With the back of the head open and circulating through the aeromotive,
You now have equal backpressure throughout the head and equal pressure of fuel for each injector. Also- since it's now circulating, no air can get trapped in the rail and forced out through an expensive injector possibly causing damage.

Air is purged out of the system by the stock regulator and upper fuel bowl. That is why there is a very tiny hole at the top of the bowl and why the feed lines to the heads are at the bottom of the housing.

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It's a benefit in an injector swap situation where air could enter the rail it would be circulated out before it even cranked.

Latest posts

Members online