Building a 2.6 Sled Puller

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be surprised if he could hack 11.5 to 1 final here in the Midwest. Because he will need duals to compete, and our sleds are a little tougher. 4.10 high 1st is 12.7 final. Much better. But if he adds duals and goes to 35" tires like he will need to compete, then likely he will need to gear even lower. Like a 4.56 and run a 14.1 final to have the rpm were it needs to be and still turn 35" duals. Maybe even 4.30 gear and run a 13:3 final.

Time will tell.

My prediction is the sterling will be swapped out along with the 3.73 gears.

He does plan to run dual's and a Dana 80. And we would have already planned on 4.10's but since there is a 75+ hp gain just in leaving Colorado the exact gear ratio has yet to be determined.

The Midwest sleds are no tougher, just the competition, this sled is a dragrace sled and was built by the same people as Old Ironsides.

Reaction score
He does plan to run dual's and a Dana 80. And we would have already planned on 4.10's but since there is a 75+ hp gain just in leaving Colorado the exact gear ratio has yet to be determined.

The Midwest sleds are no tougher, just the competition, this sled is a dragrace sled and was built by the same people as Old Ironsides.

Cool. I bet it will be a good pulling truck. Hopefully I will get to see/pull against it this year.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

I still think with the RPMS it's turning.4.30 may be the ticket. Excited to see how it turns out!

lubeowner

Reaction score
Isn't 4.88 gears a 13.274 final? Or else my spreadsheet is messed up. The Black Truck runs a 13.571 final.....provided my spreadsheet is right, with 35.6" tires.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
That thing was moving pretty good when the axle locked up. She would pulled another 20+ feet. The sled runs the same trip and weight has ppl street stock settings on there sled. Man was that manifold glowing red.

sonic_superduty

Reaction score
Yea for sure! 4:56 up front run a Dana80 rear w/ 4:63 gears 35's should put ya where ya need to be
;) with that setup and a auto you will be able to run 4th low and lock od out! Start in 3rd goto 4th

Moremph

Reaction score
Sitting in the shop out here at his house waiting for a rearend, He is buying a dana 80 and some goodies for it etc

Travis

Latest posts

Members online