Building a superduty bumper (pics)

David S.

Reaction score
if your going to leave your grille black then I'd paint the bumper black as well.

Also, I think it's time for bigger tires :poke:

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the bumper red with a harley grill painted red around the edge and left chrome in the middle. I am saving for tires and wheels I think i am going with 38 15.50 20 on 20x12 wheels.

David S.

Reaction score
good call on the wheels and tires. looks like you'll have plenty of clearence. You got an 8" lift?

IMO I'd PTM the grille and the bumper and leave the harley headlights. just my .02

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Yea it is a icon 7in coil with a 1in icon tei spacer but it is around a little more than a inch than my old 8in fabtech coil. what does PTM mean?

David S.

Reaction score
paint to match. make it all red. I think it looks cleaner, but thats just me

abbottfarms

Reaction score
PTM the grill and bumper or a black bumper?

If it were me, I would leave the grill black, paint the bumper and see how it looks. I think the contrast would look nice. But you could always switch it up if you didn't like it. Black bumper red grill, black on black, red on red so on..

juniort444e

Reaction score
Still not finished. Dayyyumn. Hahaha. Looks great so far. Will def look better painted.

I ordered mine raw and had it powdercoated white to match. And i absolutely love it. My vote goes with red. I member has one he bought coated red too. Looks awesome.

When do you think itll be finished.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Still not finished. Dayyyumn. Hahaha. Looks great so far. Will def look better painted.

I ordered mine raw and had it powdercoated white to match. And i absolutely love it. My vote goes with red. I member has one he bought coated red too. Looks awesome.

nah i dont really have much motivation to work on my truck much anymore... Ill finish it in a couple months maybe i dono i am sick of working on this ****ty truck...:shrug:

Countryboy07

Reaction score

Sorry for the Derail, but how is the white powdercoat holding up so far?

Latest posts

Members online