BW s471
ARP headstuds with stock gaskets
irate regulated return
Airdog II (installed already)
Single 38 Gallon tank with sump
comp 910's shimmed
pushrods (still undecided on brand)
Valair ceramic double disc (installed)

I'll be posting pictures and questions as I dig into this. Hoping to be around 500wrhp with the right tune. If I dont make 500 fuel only, I'll spray to 500. Opinions on this would be greatly appricated.

My first question is with the 910 springs. Shim to stock height or more to make the spring tighter?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Youll be plenty north of 500 ;)

Ask me how I know.

I shimmed my 910s with .045" To acheive a seat pressure of 120lbs

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
That's basically the same setup I'm shooting for so I'll be watching this.

Hey dieselboy how do you like that turbo? How streetable is it and how does it like towing?

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ok boys, I've been gathering parts around for my 7.3. Plans are:
250/200 rosewood injectors
irate t-4 mount with stainless up pipes
BW s471
ARP headstuds with stock gaskets
irate regulated return
Airdog II (installed already)
Single 38 Gallon tank with sump
comp 910's shimmed
pushrods (still undecided on brand)
Valair ceramic double disc (installed)

I'll be posting pictures and questions as I dig into this. Hoping to be around 500wrhp with the right tune. If I dont make 500 fuel only, I'll spray to 500. Opinions on this would be greatly appricated.

My first question is with the 910 springs. Shim to stock height or more to make the spring tighter?

If you don't make 500hp - you need to fix whats wrong - not spray it there.

Clouse2411

Reaction score
PSDEng, thank you for that link.

Looks like I'm going to tell the machine shop to shim them to 1.750" to get roughly 130lbs seat pressure out of them. I've got another set of heads that are getting decked, a valve job, injector cups, and cleaned up. Am I going to need a thicker headgasket after they deck it?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I didnt see mention of an HPOP. I ran a modded 17* with 200% nozzles, and it didnt really like it. I would suggest budgeting some sort of dual pump system into the build. Youll love yourself for it

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Hey HRT what hpop would support the 250/200s to their full potential?

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

At the risk of avoiding any oil wars - any of the twin pump setups would definitely do it - the any of the Stealth units would work, the Adrenaline has had some good results with those nozzles, a Gen3 style setup would work no doubt in my mind. Some of those units are way overkill, the Adrenaline is probably borderline in my mind, but I don't have any firm data to back that up so that is just my gut feeling. I would tell you to talk to your tuner about what he feels comfortable with with that size of stick. I've personally installed all levels of the Stealth from the early twin pumps to the Stage II with no real issues, I've installed a Gen3 style setup, and have been around most other options for one reason or another and I can't really fault any of the setups for their inability to deliver high pressure oil.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'm going to see how the te modded 17* likes it, probably wont last long though. lol

MIne would do fairly decent under WOT, probably like 2900psi at 40%. It really wasnt awful.. It was all other driving that I didnt really like.

Tell your tuner youve got a modded 17* and you will be just fine until you want to upgrade

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Sounds good Clouse. Ill be watching this one. You definately got work done in the looks department....time for some powa

Clouse2411

Reaction score
I found a deal on a Gen 3 for $900 or $1000 bucks. Thinking about grabbing it! Also the heads were just dropped off at the machine shop!

WIESEL

Reaction score
PSDEng, thank you for that link.

Looks like I'm going to tell the machine shop to shim them to 1.750" to get roughly 130lbs seat pressure out of them. I've got another set of heads that are getting decked, a valve job, injector cups, and cleaned up. Am I going to need a thicker headgasket after they deck it?

I could be wrong but, wouldn't fire rings be a good idea at this point? Considering, the heads are off and getting work done?

The ford head gasket will work fine, unless you ring that sumbeach.

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
No need for fire rings at this level. I personally wouldnt put them in a daily driver anyway. They have been known to crack with heat cycles all the time. Stock gaskets, head studs, and good tuning will be fine.

Latest posts