Building of a I/O pontoon

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Very cool man I have my boat but I am going to get a pontoon in the next year or so also, for those days I don't want to deal with everything that comes with my boat and just relax.

TurboM700

Reaction score
If you get some dimensions I bet my guy would cut and ship them if you are comfortable applying them

What would he all need? Length width where the doors are things like that?
I have the pontoon drawing up in CAD so it would be easy for me to make a detaield drawing for him.

I can apply them my self that not a big deal.

BigTonka

Reaction score
There is a place in Burnsville that I bet could take care of you. I don't remember the name right off hand but I will drive by there tonight on my way home and post it for you. btw I live just sout of downtown

woodduck97

Reaction score
Awesome build man. Once you figure out a name it would look real nice painted down the side of the boat.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I think I came up with a name last night after a few drinks "tooned up"

Big tonka

That would be awesome.

goodie85

Reaction score
only thing I would add is a little orange in the black railings, like a pinstripe leading to a sun or something, very nice build I just think its a little to black, but its not mine to make that judgement, only advice/comment? ha

TurboM700

Reaction score
only thing I would add is a little orange in the black railings, like a pinstripe leading to a sun or something, very nice build I just think its a little to black, but its not mine to make that judgement, only advice/comment? ha

Agree with you 100% need to get rid of the pirate ship look. It's beening worked on currently. Will post more pics once it's done.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I thought about a 7.3 for about .1 secs then I realized that it would make to much power and I would win to many recorods. :hammer::hammer:

TurboM700

Reaction score
Its on my list of things todo today. Had a busy 4 day weekend of boating:D

Again thanks for calling them for me. I really apperciate it.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Little Update

Havent done much latly on it. Been spending every weekend since June 1st on it. Have a good time with friends having a few motivational drinks:naughty:
IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

Have gotten a few things finshed up
Picked up 4 of these tires and rims for 200 bucks on CL, so once I finish getting my two axles made I will have rims and tires for them.
IMG_1598.jpg

Got a custom cover made. I can not tell you how nice this is to have. I use to spend 1-2hrs a week clean the seats and vacuuming up all the tree crap the fell in the carpet. Now when I'm done with her I sweep her out real quick and throw the cover on her.
IMG_1632.jpg

Last thing I just finshed up last night was a swim platfourm. I sent it out to get HardCoated this morning so hopefully will have final assembly done by the end of the week.
IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Order one of these to get rid of my ugly old bimini top (fast forward to the 4:00min mark)
http://www.pontoonstuff.com/Automatic-Power-Bimini-Tops-P397.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9-BRd9AH4&feature=player_embedded

All in all it has had very little issues and I have only started the engine compartment on fire once.:doh:

Last edited:

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
That is just awesome!! Props to you on your skills and perseverance!! And, FWIW, your neighbor made the right call on the paint. Love it!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.