bully dog triple dog gt tuner

cg21

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post on this forum I was recommended to come here from another truck forum. I just now am getting into diesels I have a 99 f250. I bought the bully dog triple dog gt tuner.... and I am curious is there a way to change the settings or is there a tune on there that I can "roll coal" which I am told it is called. and apparently it is looked down upon by some people. All I want to do is be able to do it when out mudding for the kids and my father gets a kick out of it too. I know it is just a waste of cash.... burning extra fuel. But everyone loves a show ! burning a little fuel is better than burning up tires ! I hope this isn't a bad first post. Not trying to start a debate the welcoming on the last site was less than pleasant.

Thanks everyone have a nice safe weekend.

sootie

Reaction score
It requires a flatbilled hat to be worn for starters.

cg21

Reaction score
I do not own a flat billed hat. Does the tag still have to be on it also?

All joking aside I really just don't understand why everyone is so against it...?

As long as im not going around making a smoke screen I don't understand

backwoodsboy

Reaction score

Attachments

• thread-forecast-shitstorm.jpg
    thread-forecast-shitstorm.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 64

mandkole

Reaction score
First off, welcome!

Not very familiar with the BD Triple other than its an all in one. Did you buy new or used? The instructions will tell how to operate it (go online if you dont have them). Few on here will have much to say about it or support it. If you could get good tunes written to put on it, it may be a decent monitor.

Second, have your flame suit on if talking about 'rolling coal'. Better yet, dont. Any tuner with an extreme setting will provide plenty of fuel for a stock turbo to make smoke at heavy throttle off idle. We've all been there and its amusing to make smoke at first, but it gets old when you know the rest of the world does not like it.

cg21

Reaction score
playing out on the back roads.. I put it on the highest setting.. and hammered down. definitely not a lot of smoke. Fast ! and felt like the tranny might fall out of the bottom. wasn't a fan of that. Wont be doing that very often. thanks for the tips. My kid wife brothers and father like the smoke... I'm a family man, aim to please. Don't see what a puff of smoke in my driveway is gonna hurt.

Reaction score
Have you tried using a trash bag before you take off threw mud hole. I have the best luck with the draw string hefty bags. Don't let any air it really puts on a show!! Good luck!

DocBar

Reaction score
If you want to give the family a show in the driveway, buy some quality fireworks. Or better yet, add the mods and custom tuner necessary to make all that smoke white. As in off your tires. That's much more impressive and shows a degree of true power. Any DB out there can make black smoke. It takes power to boil the tires off your truck. Then you can prove to your family that you have the horsepower to burn your tires and the economic power to replace them. THAT'S manly. The rolling coal, not so much. :gethim:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
do whats called the ''turbo delete mod" and she'll roll the piss out of some coal

Its a little work but it can be done LOL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379862867551.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379862867551.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 61
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379862875676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379862875676.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379862883898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379862883898.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts