Bumper options

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'm looking at bumper options for my truck. I want something aftermarket. Derek recommended either Fusion or Trail Ready. I looked at the Trail Ready pre-runner bumper and like the looks. The Fusion bumpers are clean too. I want something that will eventually let me mount a winch if I choose to.

Just thought I'd ask everyone's opinions and get some feedback. There is a place local to me , Tactical Armor Group , and I kinda like their product, but a google search pulls up some crappy feedback.

What do the members have and who has good info on these products?

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I made a pretty gnarly prerunner bumper. If you have the resources and time, I would build one. That way you can make it just how you like it. If now, the only real bumper company I know of is road armor.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I made a pretty gnarly prerunner bumper. If you have the resources and time, I would build one. That way you can make it just how you like it. If now, the only real bumper company I know of is road armor.

I'm not that good a welder. I'd love to make my own, but I doubt if ever be happy with it. I've been looking on Craigslist for a RanchHand or similar, but there seems to be nothing in my area. There's some real bad feedback on the T.A.G. bumper place that's local, so I'm leaning away from them. So far, the TrailReady and Road Armor bumpers seem to be my favorites.

08Monster

Reaction score
Road Rhino is almost an exact clone of Road Armor, for less than 1/3 the price. I ordered mine, front and rear, about a week ago. Hopefully shipping today. They offer WIY (weld it yourself) kits which is what I got. I love welding, they send all the pieces with diagrams and instructions to assemble. You just weld, paint, and slap it on. Saves about 4-500 a bumper. And cuts shipping too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Road Rhino is almost an exact clone of Road Armor, for less than 1/3 the price. I ordered mine, front and rear, about a week ago. Hopefully shipping today. They offer WIY (weld it yourself) kits which is what I got. I love welding, they send all the pieces with diagrams and instructions to assemble. You just weld, paint, and slap it on. Saves about 4-500 a bumper. And cuts shipping too.

I can't find prices on the Road Rhino stuff. It looks good, but I can't find prices.

08Monster

Reaction score
Roadrhinobumpers.com is the actual site, they have the pics and all the info, etc. Road-rhino.com has prices. Base front WIY is 595, WIY rear is 495. To add a prerunner bar is 90, full guard is 350 or so. Really reasonable. I just bought 3 front and 3 rears for:
2008 F250 Prerunner front, reg back
2000 F250 Full guard front, reg back
2005 Silverado base front, reg back
Came out to $3620 shipped. Cheap.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Roadrhinobumpers.com is the actual site, they have the pics and all the info, etc. Road-rhino.com has prices. Base front WIY is 595, WIY rear is 495. To add a prerunner bar is 90, full guard is 350 or so. Really reasonable. I just bought 3 front and 3 rears for:

The prices looked great. Thanks for the site. I don't think I'd be up for welding it myself though. I may look into what a local shop might charge. I can make two pieces of metal stick together , but it ain't pretty.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I also have opted for the Road rhino bumpers for my 2011. Had them a couple of weeks now. And finally making time to weld then up, got the power coat picked and paid for so they just need to be dropped off to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
I also have opted for the Road rhino bumpers for my 2011. Had them a couple of weeks now. And finally making time to weld then up, got the power coat picked and paid for so they just need to be dropped off to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still have my number I'll text you if you'll send pics?? :)

Super Diesel

Reaction score

Those look awesome! I've always been a fan of Road Armor, but you can't beat those prices. I'll be recommending road rhino to friends from now on.

You should definitely get one of those Matt!

Layson

Reaction score
How come they don't have any superduty pics on their site? Maybe I missed them.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
How come they don't have any superduty pics on their site? Maybe I missed them.

I saw one... no pics of front bumpers though.

2011-ford-sd-rear.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
I love the fit and finish of my Iron Bull bumpers. I get compliments on 'em all the time. Really stout too. I took out the back of a Dodge truck and it just had a scuff mark on it, lol:

73EB713A-9ECA-4CE5-A679-06D58C8EE472_zps4flty5zy.jpg

null_zpsf605a719.jpg

-CBD9-4195-A962-3AFB3926A875-1701-0000019A5A7377AE.jpg

-28A6-4C06-909E-346CED7A026E-1701-0000019A6C6D78C6.jpg

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Tough Country is what I have...I run the 'oil patch' style but they have the newer stuff too...strong bumpers...one deer down and no damage...70mph with the gn and didn't phase it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.