Buying a 6.0L

crzycowboy

Reaction score
It's been forever and a day since I've posted on a forum. But the time has come, and I'm on the verge of buying a 2006 6.0L. I already know the basics to look for when buying any car or truck. My question is, is there anything related to the 6.0L I should look for? I'm sure there is a tip or two for me to keep in mind when I go look at it.

So far I know that it's had an EGR ******. It has 122k miles on. Looking at going tomorrow to see the truck in person. So any help would be great!

Thanks in advance...

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I just bought a harley 6.0 last weekend. There's tons of threads shoveling what to look for.

That being said look for coolant level low and any signs of it pukingout the Degas resi.

Put a obd2 data logger on the truck while you drive look at eot vs ect they should be close together I'm thinking 15*+ apart is bad. Make sure you drive consistent for a good bit let truck get up to 190- 200*
Check for soft code with good scanner or take it and have it done.

Check for leaks and anything else you would buying a.regular auto. Should be about the best you can do without extensive tests and psi guage on Degas resi.

Latest posts

Members online