Buying a 6.4 tommorow.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 08 f250 with 130k tommorow and I was wondering what you all think I should look for. It has intake, dpf delete, xrt pro tuner, and 4in exhaust. The guys takin care of it with records to prove it. It's a crew cab short box and does 20k sound about right for one?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Go through the records diligently and check for what parts have been replaced. Radiator, water pump, hoses, rockers, lifters, etc. 20k doesn't sound horrible imo. that's what some trucks around here are going for. Actually more bone stock.

Crazysob

Reaction score
I got mine for 23k with 105000 on the ticker. If you can get it out on the freeway for a while and monitor the ect/eot. Find out when the last coolant flush was. All that good stuff. How long has it been deleted??

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 08 f250 with 130k tommorow and I was wondering what you all think I should look for. It has intake, dpf delete, xrt pro tuner, and 4in exhaust. The guys takin care of it with records to prove it. It's a crew cab short box and does 20k sound about right for one?

TRUBBS

Reaction score

what cab config? Ive been looking for a cc/sb with about them miles for 20K myself

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
That's a good buy. I bought my 08 about 4 months ago with 112k miles on it for 28900. And it was completely stock. Just check for leaks and get as much maintenance and repair information as you can. And check the blowby. These trucks have a significant amount in great condition. It should be pretty much a steady puff coming out.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Coolant flush and front end were just done and the oasis shows new radiator and hoses in 2011 and injectors in 2010. He has paper for everything he's done since he owned it. It's a crew cab short bed lariat

webb06

Reaction score
Coolant flush and front end were just done and the oasis shows new radiator and hoses in 2011 and injectors in 2010. He has paper for everything he's done since he owned it. It's a crew cab short bed lariat

Kinda weird that injectors were replaced that soon. Was the whole fuel system replaced too?

Crazysob

Reaction score
Again throw a monitor on her and give it a good long drive. That will tell you what's really going on. How much blow by?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Has it ever had an engine put in it? If it hasn't bank on it needing one soon

LOL! Come on Dustin Downer!

hmm... come to think of it, I just put a new engine in my King Ranch with 132k on it :eek:

hmm... come to think of it, OP? you should buy my King Ranch! :D

Jbird

Reaction score
The way he stated it sounds like the injectors were cracked...
Thats just what oasis says i reckon. Didnt know you could crack injectors??

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Injectors, I had a friend throw his ids on it before buying it today and everything looked good. There wasn't any blowby. He also said based on the build date he's seen alot of the fort production 08s have cracked injectors. The one we both thought was weird on the oasis was 6 months after the injectors were replaced the same dealership posted, cab removed all work was complete. Most of the work was done at a dealership in Washington. Truck runs and drives nice so I bought it. Looks like I'll just have to test my luck with this 6.4. I don't plan on doing much more then what's already done to it besides studs and tranny when it goes.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Injectors, I had a friend throw his ids on it before buying it today and everything looked good. There wasn't any blowby. He also said based on the build date he's seen alot of the fort production 08s have cracked injectors. The one we both thought was weird on the oasis was 6 months after the injectors were replaced the same dealership posted, cab removed all work was complete. Most of the work was done at a dealership in Washington. Truck runs and drives nice so I bought it. Looks like I'll just have to test my luck with this 6.4. I don't plan on doing much more then what's already done to it besides studs and tranny when it goes.
Congratulations and good luck with it! Post up some pics!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.