Buying some tunes for my truck this week - ALL input welcome!

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Matt's were the first tunes I used...I loved it...then I tried Vivian's...not bad but has bad light switch effect...Eric's tunes are my current and they're clean, even power band and they crank great...

Really can't go wrong with any of them...I personally want to try Tony's 6.0 tunes when/if he writes them again

Reaction score
Ran Gearheads SRL+, Vivians Looney Wild, Erics extreme street, Jess Warrens race, but my favorite had been Tony Wildman's. Great power and Shifting. Next favorite would be Jesse's --since you got your injectors from him give him a call. your 190's have plugged spill ports and are highly annoying when DD but jess found a way to tune them so they act just like stock, idle and smooth deceleration(no more choppiness) That is the only thing I dont like about wildmans tunes

Bubba88

Reaction score
I have ran Eric's tunes in the past with good results - I may give him a call again for this build. Anyone running Vivians tunes? Haven't heard many that are, but the ones I have spoken with really seem to like them. I'm completly new to the whole FICM tuning thing - is there a noticeable difference when running a FICM tune AND a custom tune?

I love TSD's tow tune on my truck but he's not doing anymore emailing (as mentioned before) but I've heard good things about IDP & Gearhead's tow tune. The FICM tune will give you better throttle response and low-end power (you can feel the difference). I'm currently running Bill @ PHP's tune w/ Atlas 80 and love it. I haven't hooked anything up yet past 8k lbs but she tows great and the EGT's are manageable.

3brorce

Reaction score
Going to be trying one of Tony's 6.4 tunes when he gets back into the swing of things.

WorleyG

Reaction score
Tony Wildman tunes have been my favorite before and after my build. I'm also running 190 warrens but with a 68 pmax. Put down 600hp and is still holding a stock tranny. Shifting is always great and power is all there. Same with his tow and daily tunes. But mine stays in race most times because its just a great tune and is too much fun.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Thats my exact setup^^^

I think i'm gonna go with Eric's tunes again but if Tony gets back into it again I definitely will be trying a tune from him too.

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
Running vivian's tunes now, have had tsd ,matt@gearhead and doug@gogo. Like them all but like said before its all in what you want.. When my truck was on 33's i liked the tsd super panty dropper early lock up... not that im on 38's i run vivian's because its not a race truck... well only here and there. But her tunes do take a little time to get use to.... But its like a light switch, then again its easy going like a tow tune with a bump in power then once you push the go pedal its like having your race tune on.. An they have awesome awesome customer support.

juniorssrollin

Reaction score
I was just asking for confirmation. Didn't know if it was a rumor or he was just on vacay. Go pound sand

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Are you serious? Go pound sand? Grow the F up. You must not know what happened being you have been on here for about 50 seconds. His daughter died after a very rough fight with cancer. I don't consider this a "Vacay" and I think your tone is sh1t!

Keep Rollin junior

Sorry OP,

On topic- are you running a 63 or 68 pmax? I think that with a 63, and 195/75's I was at 530 hp and fun but I never towed anything but I would imagine it be better with the 68. I never could clean the 75's and think it could get warm towing that much.

I would have tunes from everyone if I had the cash. Honestly they all have little things about the way they tune that make each one cool. I run warren tunes daily but switch to gearhead's every now and then when the wind blows right. My truck's fastest 1/4 time was gearhead's race tune.

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya jeeze, how do you order something without talking to someone about it first. Not a very smart decision there.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Can't understand the ignorance of some peoples kids... Anyway, i went with Erics Tunes and haven't been able to run them yet since my fresh build turned sour with a no-start issue. That said, as soon as I get it fired off i will report back. May also try a SRL tune as well this go around.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Yep had the system vapor locked. Spent two days trying to get it to fire finally pulled the test port on my fuel system setup and it burped a pile of air and fired right up. Now I've got a no power under wot issue. No tunes loaded on it yet still isn't running right. Turbo screams and pops off constantly at anything after 1/2 throttle but feels like it hits a wall. not to mention it smokes like a freight train and never clears up... Love these things but damn they're a headache when they won't run.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Any of he reputable tuners will make you happy (Elite, TSD, Innovative, Gearhead, etc...). It's really going to come down to your personal driving preference. Right now my favorite that I've had on my current truck is from Gearhead. On the white truck I liked Innovative's the best.

WHS^^^^^^,skip the etc. those four are your best bet.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I would get a tune then see.

Btw. I have heard the pmax does not like stock tunes on most trucks. I don't know how they act on stock tuning but I know there could be issues.

Nps1221

Reaction score
Yep had the system vapor locked. Spent two days trying to get it to fire finally pulled the test port on my fuel system setup and it burped a pile of air and fired right up. Now I've got a no power under wot issue. No tunes loaded on it yet still isn't running right. Turbo screams and pops off constantly at anything after 1/2 throttle but feels like it hits a wall. not to mention it smokes like a freight train and never clears up... Love these things but damn they're a headache when they won't run.

I had the same issue after doing my intake and studs. It just seemed to be in the tune. Installed a new tune and it runs fine. But had identical symptoms on the looney setting. What did you one up with.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Well I popped another MAF code yesterday so I dug in a little further and found a broken signal wire at the connector. I'm going to fix it, then unbox my TS Livewire later this week and try out a tune. If all goes as planned I will update the situation this weekend. I'm hoping this takes care of it - this thing is actually more gutless now than before I dumped $6k into a build :doh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.