Buying very soon.

dkyacht

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be getting a 2013-2014 f250 very soon. I have a few questions before I do. 1st is I haven't had a powerstroke for 7-8 years, whats the deal with 'deleting' the emissions thing and what the hell is it? It gets filled with oil? What are the advantages /disadvantages of deleting? 2nd is there a clear winner for doing a tuner and intake? Lastly what kind of real world mpg are you guys getting with your average hwy/city driving after deleting, tuning, and intake? I know that's a bit of a loaded question since its hard to keep off the gofast pedal after these mods, but what were you getting in general and what are you getting after these mods in general? I really appreciate your help.

Dave

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
:welcome:

Deleting the emissions equipment is as simple as it sounds, you just remove it all. What isn't so simple is actually doing it, as it requires an off-road tuner and delete pipe(for DPF/SCR) and block off plates for the EGR. Because the emissions crap is done because of gov't regs, it is heavily frowned upon(legally), it is also getting harder to find said off-road tuners. On the 6.4s there was an issue of oil dilution(I don't know much on this, check the 6.4 Tech section), but it doesn't seem to be the case w/ the 6.7.

The main advantages of deleting are increased fuel econ, power and engine life(the equipment is known to fail).

The general consensus it that the 6.7 doesn't "need" to be deleted, as its equipment has been redesigned and as a whole, works better than it did on the 6.4. Most are happy with stock power.

Hope this helps, but scan through the 6.7 Tech and 6.7 Aftermarket threads to get more detailed info. :thumbsup:

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
If you think about, why are the 7.3s still out there running around? One main reason is because there wasn't any restrictions on air flow. These trucks are designed take in as much as possible and get as much air out as possible with the DPF/CAT on the truck it cannot do that. That's just my .2.

dkyacht

Reaction score
So is there a difference in the 'off-road tuner' and a performance tuner? I had a Raptor several months back and I had a 'performance tuner' for it. Same type thing?

Dave

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
So is there a difference in the 'off-road tuner' and a performance tuner? I had a Raptor several months back and I had a 'performance tuner' for it. Same type thing?

Dave

Off-road allows you to remove the emissions equipment(allowing for more hp and tq).

Sent from the Bayou

dkyacht

Reaction score
Off-road allows you to remove the emissions equipment(allowing for more hp and tq).

Sent from the Bayou

So there are 2 different kind of tuners for these trucks? 1 for the emissions side and 1 for the engine tweaking type stuff?

Dave

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
So there are 2 different kind of tuners for these trucks? 1 for the emissions side and 1 for the engine tweaking type stuff?

Dave

The off-road tuner allows you to run stock tune, emissions delete stock, performance WITH emissions and performance WITHOUT emissions.
On road(or street) tuner allows for stock and performance WITH emissions.

The off-road tuners allow for higher hp and tq numbers.

To answer your question, yes and no. Yes 2 tuners, but no, you don't need both, they both tune the engine

Sent from the Bayou

dkyacht

Reaction score
The off-road tuner allows you to run stock tune, emissions delete stock, performance WITH emissions and performance WITHOUT emissions.
On road(or street) tuner allows for stock and performance WITH emissions.

The off-road tuners allow for higher hp and tq numbers.

To answer your question, yes and no. Yes 2 tuners, but no, you don't need both, they both tune the engine

Sent from the Bayou

Ok thanks now I get it.

Dave

dkyacht

Reaction score
Ok so from looking around quite a bit on the forums and internet I'm seeing alot of people saying that there is no need to delete the emissions stuff on the 13-14 6.7 because ford has 'fixed' the problems and the truck already has lots of power. Any truth to this? I'm sure this is kinda a loaded question but I really want to know what you guys think and/or know about this. Thanks.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online