BW S369?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info. Single has been on my list for a while but deciding on the turbo size has been a headache.

Maybe the new s364.5?
Should have the same power as the current s366 and probably spool way faster with the smaller wheel and unclipped turbine. I think that's what I'm going to do for my stock fuel 6.4

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe the new s364.5?
Should have the same power as the current s366 and probably spool way faster with the smaller wheel and unclipped turbine. I think that's what I'm going to do for my stock fuel 6.4

I agree with you on this. I think everyone has just automatically jumped to the biggest option we have because, again, we tend to be all about numbers. We tend to give up drive-ability, oftentimes, for a rarely used amount of power in a daily driven setup. I think we are cheating ourselves by not looking at the other options available such as the 64.5 and 66. I'm even looking forward to testing the 63mm on the smaller 5.9 Cummins applications as they don't have the displacement. If the 64.5 is anything like our 64 we offer, it would be a great candidate for someone that tows often or prefers a very well mannered turbo and doesn't need 600+ hp on tap.

Now, back to the 369........

08Monster

Reaction score
I tow with my truck being a (auto) it's a little different than a ZF but, it lights real quick from a stop. compared to a compound truck initial spool up is "alittle" slower from a stop light but it is not as bad as everyone thinks.

I run GH tunes on my newest reversion I noticed sitting at idle the truck is making 0.1 - 0.2 psi of boost with my older tunes it would sit at -0.3- -0.5 at idle.

cruising empty at 60 (500-700) egts with 3-5 psi of boost.

my truck has 3.55's and 35's with 3 inch lift.
Idling with my 66, I sit at -.7 to -.8 lbs of boost at idle.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I agree with you on this. I think everyone has just automatically jumped to the biggest option we have because, again, we tend to be all about numbers. We tend to give up drive-ability, oftentimes, for a rarely used amount of power in a daily driven setup. I think we are cheating ourselves by not looking at the other options available such as the 64.5 and 66. I'm even looking forward to testing the 63mm on the smaller 5.9 Cummins applications as they don't have the displacement. If the 64.5 is anything like our 64 we offer, it would be a great candidate for someone that tows often or prefers a very well mannered turbo and doesn't need 600+ hp on tap.

Now, back to the 369........

Yep, you know because you've seen it and done it.

I never had an issue with my 6.0 with an s366 and thought it was such a blast until I was forced to daily drive it the last few months and when your goal is solely to get to work and back you start to realize that toggling tow/haul and tapping the break to unlock the converter does get old, even if at one time it "wasn't a big deal".

Chatham036

Reaction score
I never had an issue with my 6.0 with an s366 and thought it was such a blast until I was forced to daily drive it the last few months and when your goal is solely to get to work and back you start to realize that toggling tow/haul and tapping the break to unlock the converter does get old, even if at one time it "wasn't a big deal".

This.

I decided to go with the new S366 SXE on my 225/30% injectors

Im on 35's with 3.73 gears in a 4x4 crew cab. Hopefully it will match for a decent daily driver that can tow 10k reliably. I'm hopeful

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
This.

I decided to go with the new S366 SXE on my 225/30% injectors

Im on 35's with 3.73 gears in a 4x4 crew cab. Hopefully it will match for a decent daily driver that can tow 10k reliably. I'm hopeful

It's fine you just adjust your driving style, it makes good power and it's fun when the time is right.

Towing 10k.. Good luck, you'll be glued to the gauges.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeeeep. Half of these people cant make boost at the speeds they cruise at to get to work.

I run a way "too small" turbo on my truck for the amount of fuel Ive got but i have boost when I need it whenever i need it and how i need it. If 500+ isnt enough to get to work, time for a new job.

And can you imagine having to drag even a 8k lb tractor on a trailer with some of these setups? I picture cornflake size soot belching out into the ditch trying to get the truck up to highway speeds while the pyrometer is searching for more numbers. Lol

But hey 2% of the time when you get the chance, empty, to do a wot run, its glorious.

obs7.3

Reaction score
Maybe the new s364.5?

I was really leaning towards the s366 but then saw this 369 coming out and got curious haha. I've been eyeing the s364.5 also. I've got time on my side, it's gonna be a little bit longer before I can pull the trigger on a turbo, unfortunately.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeeeep. Half of these people cant make boost at the speeds they cruise at to get to work.

I run a way "too small" turbo on my truck for the amount of fuel Ive got but i have boost when I need it whenever i need it and how i need it. If 500+ isnt enough to get to work, time for a new job.

And can you imagine having to drag even a 8k lb tractor on a trailer with some of these setups? I picture cornflake size soot belching out into the ditch trying to get the truck up to highway speeds while the pyrometer is searching for more numbers. Lol

But hey 2% of the time when you get the chance, empty, to do a wot run, its glorious.

For you it's 2%, everyone has a different percentage and that's where they need to be honest with themselves and that's what the turbo selection should be based on.

And there definitely is that point where towing heavy just isn't going to happen anymore.. A 366 is that line IMO, and riding on top of that line definitely won't be ideal.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Exactly sir...find one that works for whatever percentage of your use you deem m9st important.

Chatham036

Reaction score
For you it's 2%, everyone has a different percentage and that's where they need to be honest with themselves and that's what the turbo selection should be based on.

And there definitely is that point where towing heavy just isn't going to happen anymore.. A 366 is that line IMO, and riding on top of that line definitely won't be ideal.

I am going from a s371 FMW down to the s366 SX-E
My thought is that with the new design of the charger, it would spool closer to the traditional 64.5

TALLBOY

Reaction score
I am going from a s371 FMW down to the s366 SX-E
My thought is that with the new design of the charger, it would spool closer to the traditional 64.5

Well I'm excited to install my s369 but still lack my new mdp T4 kit. Lol.
I can't wait to see how the new setup does. But I may keep my 205's they seem to be well fitted to my truck so far.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
real close to swaping out my 64.5/68/91 in the 6.7 to the s366sxe im hoping the truck still spools great i freakn love how the 64.5 DD's . i hate lag especially doing 120 miles a day all over the city.

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well I'm excited to install my s369 but still lack my new mdp T4 kit. Lol.

I can't wait to see how the new setup does. But I may keep my 205's they seem to be well fitted to my truck so far.

I'm sure it'll run good with the 205/50's but that thing will easily clean up 100's if you ever decide you want more power

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll run good with the 205/50's but that thing will easily clean up 100's if you ever decide you want more power

I'll be seeing how it does with some 75s. Not going to be a direct comparison to everyone due to my cam and a few other things though.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'll be seeing how it does with some 75s. Not going to be a direct comparison to everyone due to my cam and a few other things though.

My billet 66 cleans my 205/100's to nothing on a full fuel tune, not that it's a huge difference. I'm sure a 75% will be a little nicer to drive on the street.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I daily'd my HSM kit for over a year.... as a DD single setup with stock fuel it was beyond perfect. did about 2 months on a 467 setup for the heck of it and i still loved it. i only drive like 4 miles round trip for work, so that plays a big role. took it up a few long, curvy 6% and up passes unloaded and it still did great, had to keep it around 2500 RPM or so, which i am fine with. I dont know if i would try towing heavy through the mountains with it though. moved the triple axle race trailer around a few times on flat ground and it was sluggish to say the least. but as a play truck, i am fine with that. like you guys said, its all about the driver.

04cr450

Reaction score

mine is a 6.0 but just to relate- i just towed twice now a weight of 11,745 lbs(what the scale said) with my setup below and no issues whatsoever.. looked at the egt gauge but it did not go over 1200 degrees this time(last time i towed this setup it was 95 degrees out + and egst went up a tad higher 1340's. the setu i have is the 64.5 fmw with 205/75's.. 33" tires 3.73 gears

Latest posts

Members online