Bye bye stock parts!

stonepusher

Reaction score
Time to end the old thread and begin a new one. The stock trans finally said no more so I am replacing it with a BTS 4r100! Truck Source Diesel is doing the work as usual and they began working on it yesterday, along with the 4r they will be installing a fuelab fuel system that they built, Installing one of their sumps, and of course the PCS. I will keep y'all updated as much as possible, I am going out of town for the next 6 days for work and service where I'm going is pretty much non existent.
image-3.jpg

image-4_zps62f5baa5.jpg

stonepusher

Reaction score
Looks sick, why the 4r over the 5? And what's a pcs?

The 5r's don't seem to be holding up as well anymore. I know guys like Ellerton are still running 5r's and making it work and that's awesome but I wanted to go with something different. Plus, later on down the road if I decide to do a CR swap I will already have the 4r. PCS is a standalone transmission controller

Extended Power

Reaction score
...all you had to do was call NADP in Edmonton, and you could of had the same transmission Shawn and a bunch of other guys are running...5R competition series.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Drove the truck today and all I gotta say is WOW! The 4r blows the 5r out of the water....it's like I have instant boost, it even smoke less than before,it lights the turbo a lot faster than my 5r. Drove it around town today and felt great, takes a little get used to and the pcs needs a little more tuning on WOT but other than that I am extremely happy! Thanks Truck Source Diesel!

imelmo

Reaction score
Time to end the old thread and begin a new one. The stock trans finally said no more so I am replacing it with a BTS 4r100! Truck Source Diesel is doing the work as usual and they began working on it yesterday, along with the 4r they will be installing a fuelab fuel system that they built, Installing one of their sumps, and of course the PCS. I will keep y'all updated as much as possible, I am going out of town for the next 6 days for work and service where I'm going is pretty much non existent.
image-3.jpg

image-4_zps62f5baa5.jpg

Did TSD put that fuel system together?

stroker57

Reaction score
Drove the truck today and all I gotta say is WOW! The 4r blows the 5r out of the water....it's like I have instant boost, it even smoke less than before,it lights the turbo a lot faster than my 5r. Drove it around town today and felt great, takes a little get used to and the pcs needs a little more tuning on WOT but other than that I am extremely happy! Thanks Truck Source Diesel!

glad to hear your happy with the 4r i thought the same thing the first time i drove mine. i like the way it seem to keep the truck on top the turbo. and like you said it keep the smoke down i can drive my 300hybrids in town with almost no smoke.

stonepusher

Reaction score
glad to hear your happy with the 4r i thought the same thing the first time i drove mine. i like the way it seem to keep the truck on top the turbo. and like you said it keep the smoke down i can drive my 300hybrids in town with almost no smoke.

Yea bud it's awesome, can't wait to get it to the track Wednesday :redspotdance:

stroker57

Reaction score
yea you should have some good track times. you goin to put a non-vgt turbo anytime or you sticking with the vgt ?

stonepusher

Reaction score
Well finally got some decent runs in at the track. Was able to click off a [email protected] with a 1.75 60ft. Not bad for trans swap, same engine tune as the 5r. Hoping to work on my 60ft some more, maybe a little tweaking with the caltracs will get me a 1.6 60ft. The 60ft times were actually coming down before they closed the track, the run before that was a [email protected] with a 1.79 60ft. Just one more run and I coulda possible snuck into the 12.3's....oh we'll maybe next time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.