C7 and C9 Injectors

Aaron S

Reaction score
that caterpillar and I would imagine international uses.The bodies and o ring location are very similar. They operate at 4000 psi. Ive read systems op on C9injectors before and it referenced them being multi shot, so thats a disadvantage. Just wondering if they are something that has been tried?

Aaron s

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
that caterpillar and I would imagine international uses.The bodies and o ring location are very similar. They operate at 4000 psi. Ive read systems op on C9injectors before and it referenced them being multi shot, so thats a disadvantage. Just wondering if they are something that has been tried?

Aaron s

im 99.9% positive that it has been done.

Aaron S

Reaction score
The major down side is that anything with the Caterpillar name on it costs 5 x what it should.

That was definitly one of the other reasons that I thought might stop it from happening.

I would imagine with the trim files cat uses it would be difficult for whoever manufactures them to sell them to an injector dealer, so thats going to keep prices high too.

Anyone know if international uses the same injectors, with or without the injector trim files like cat uses.

Aaron

golfer

Reaction score
the poppet valves in the Cat injs are the same size as other HEUI injs...Cat, Ford, Int'l...

the orientation may be different..but the restrictions and shortcomings remain...

Aaron S

Reaction score
Just because you said the word poppet. Im trying to get the downloads to work so I can put up the picture of the injector. Heres the internal parts list though.

Cross section of HEUI injector

(1) Solenoid

(2) Armature spring

(3) Armature

(4) Seated pin

(5) Spool spring

(6) Spool valve

(7) Check ball for intensifier piston

(8) Intensifier piston

(9) Return spring

(10) Plunger

(11) Barrel

(12) Nozzle case

(13) Inlet fill check

(14) Stop

(15) Nozzle spring

(16) Check piston

(17) Sleeve

(18) Reverse flow check valve

(19) Nozzle check

(20) Nozzle tip

Aaron

golfer

Reaction score
read my previous post, you must

Attachments

• 24345479.jpg
    24345479.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 47

Aaron S

Reaction score
I read and believe I understand, maybe im missing something.

Im just trying to point out that I believe these injectors do not use a poppet valve and instead use a spool valve, maybe similar to 6.0 injectors.

I can only imagine that you guys have had one of these injectors apart and have already found it to not be a cost effective solution for making power, but I figured id ask anyways.

golfer

Reaction score
either way...if you're trying to reinvent the wheel by looking at other HEUI injectors (be they poppet or spool)...you're barking up a tree without any bark left.

Latest posts

Members online