Cab back down now no power in the cab

Sofa King

Reaction score
I did a head gasket job on my dads 6.0. Ive got the cab back down everything hooked up and now the only thing that comes on on the dash is the battery light. It has two new batteries the voltage is good and i can jump to the starter and it cranks over. Does anyone have any ideas?

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
Fuse box wire connected properly and not crushed or damaged? The fuse box and interior all get power from the one wire coming from the drivers battery

04stroker

Reaction score
Probably missing the main power cable goes in drivers side + battery cable terminal. Sometimes it gets buried in the rest of the harness or under the intake, battery box during the reinstall of everything.

Sofa King

Reaction score
is there more than one wire in the drivers battery if not then I've got it hooked up

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
You can have the drivers side battery connected, but coming off of that post is more than one wire. The smaller wire directly feeds your fuse box under the wheel and supplies all power, this may be disconnected or damaged, and you will have no power inside but have starter power.

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
^^^ that's a good one to check too, the starter grounds itself but the rest of the system doesnt.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Probably missing the main power cable goes in drivers side + battery cable terminal. Sometimes it gets buried in the rest of the harness or under the intake, battery box during the reinstall of everything.

You can have the drivers side battery connected, but coming off of that post is more than one wire. The smaller wire directly feeds your fuse box under the wheel and supplies all power, this may be disconnected or damaged, and you will have no power inside but have starter power.

I had the same problem and found it was this the first time we pulled a cab. double check the wire that attaches to the positive side of the battery on the driver side as mentioned above, and make sure that it has a good connection.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Re check all your grounds to, cab to frame ground strap could've been missed.

My cab to frame ground strap was ruined by the first Ford tech who lifted my cab and forgot to disconnect it. It's been broke and disconnected since then without any issues that I can tell.

MorganY

Reaction score
It's either harnesses were left unplugged, and/or you body power wire is underneath the battery box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Could almost bet it's the power wire that goes on driver side positive cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sofa King

Reaction score
Ground issue found lol. The ground wire that comes off the passenger side negative terminal and goes to the fender looked like it was connected but a slight tug on it and it came right out so I put a new terminal on it and its now running. Thanks for the ideas

webb06

Reaction score
Speaking of grounds, how many are there on a 6.0?

There's 3 that get pulled when raising the cab. One off the passenger side negative batter cable to the inner fender, one off the rear passenger side of engine connecting to the passenger side rear of engine compartment firewall, one underneath the truck basically below the passengers feet connecting the body to the frame

slc dzl

Reaction score
There's 3 that get pulled when raising the cab. One off the passenger side negative batter cable to the inner fender, one off the rear passenger side of engine connecting to the passenger side rear of engine compartment firewall, one underneath the truck basically below the passengers feet connecting the body to the frame

Thank you...

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
There is a few things we assume have been checked. Usually those concerns in sight.

That fender ground doesn't cause a no power concern inside the cab.

Did I read it wrong, or did the OP say he had a loose fender ground that was causing a loss of power in the cab?

webb06

Reaction score
There is a few things we assume have been checked. Usually those concerns in sight.

That fender ground doesn't cause a no power concern inside the cab.

Honestly I don't see how that caused a no power inside the cab either. I'll unhook one on a truck today and see what happens

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.