Cab light diagram and $20

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Lol dude it doesn't work like that on making a template. I have 2012 f550 with cab lights on it. It's so much easier to follow the instructions from recon. Also someone would have to remove all his cab lights for it to work on how your wanting to do this. Just measure it and be done with it.

Yep, for that person to remove all of their oem cab lights they would have to drop the headliner too. Oem do not just use sheet metal screws on top.

dusty9

Reaction score
I've done a few sets and sunroof is nicer to do since you can stand in it. You can drop just front of liner just don't pull it down hard and crease it but its up 2 you, if I remember right factory spacing is 5in off rubber and 7 and 13in spaces but you should recheck that, I've never had a big template just measure it good and have liked all mine, if you really need one I could prolly get one since I'm doing a sunroof 08 truck in the next week or so.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
One tip ill throw out there is run a line of string from middle of grill emblem to middle of tailgate emblem. Gives you a center line to go off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uga33

Reaction score
The motoman website that has been running around online for years on how to install cab lights is all you need. The cab lights regardless of sunroof or not, are in the same position and have been since 99. I have used these measurements for trucks with and without sunroofs. All fit great. Of all the ones I've done, extended cab trucks are the easiest. You can completely remove headliner out of truck and out of the way. The string idea from center of emblem to center of emblem works great also.

http://www.emotoman.com/f250/lights/f250lights.htm

Do not use a Recon kit. They are garbage. Use OEM lights.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
The motoman website that has been running around online for years on how to install cab lights is all you need. The cab lights regardless of sunroof or not, are in the same position and have been since 99. I have used these measurements for trucks with and without sunroofs. All fit great. Of all the ones I've done, extended cab trucks are the easiest. You can completely remove headliner out of truck and out of the way. The string idea from center of emblem to center of emblem works great also.

http://www.emotoman.com/f250/lights/f250lights.htm

Do not use a Recon kit. They are garbage. Use OEM lights.

Used this install guide when doing my Recon cab lights. Sucks because now if I have a cab light go out I have to take the time to re paint it -_-
zupu6azu.jpg

They are recon bases with clear putco lenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online