Cab lights staying on while driving

Chris2590

Reaction score
I have a 97 powerstroke and my cab lights, door lights, and the two lights on the back of the cab all come on and stay on as soon as I turn the key on. I've tried spraying pb blaster in both door ajar switches with no luck. It's just annoying. When I turn the truck off a few minutes later all the lights finally go off. I'm thinking it might be the headlight switch? I can turn the dimmer all the way down and the dash lights still dim but it has no affect on the other lights that stay on. If anyone has had this problem before or has any input let me know.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris2590

Reaction score
Look at the headlight switch wiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ok I tried pulling the fuse but I had to put it back in because for some reason the truck didn't want to shift right. As soon as i put the fuse back in it shifted fine. If it's not one thing it's another lol

79jasper

Reaction score
Well that's probably because the truck monitors the taillights for the transmission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Chris2590

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that out the hard way. I put led tail lights in and I thought my transmission was toast. It wouldn't shift into overdrive. I finally did some searching and found out that it has some to do with the resistance in led bulbs. Now every time I have some sort of problem I always think what was the last thing I did to the truck.

Chris2590

Reaction score
85eaf17f8c54f785d5ebcfbc45811fc9.jpg

Problem solved.
Thanks everyone it was t the switch. It was an indention in the door from years of slamming lol. Little welding and all is good

Latest posts

Members online