Cab lights???

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
I'm sure this is in the wrong section, but I didn't think it fit into any other section. I am buying a '14 350 DRW and it has cab lights. They look horrible in that orange color. Truck is sterling gray. I would like to know who has changed the color of their cab lights. What company made the covers? How was the quality and most importantly did they leak?
Thanks Luke

300000 and counting

Reaction score
These are recon cab lights covers, these are probably 5 years old and still look new.

photo4.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
buy clear or smoked lenses from ebay. its been proven its the same exact thing as recon it just doesn't have the name recon on the box. pick yourself up a set of cool white led bulbs too while your on ebay.

12stroker

Reaction score
I would becareful with certain colors other then amber since you're getting a drw truck. Dps will pop you for other colors ask Kendal (seventhree) lol.

dsberman94

Reaction score
They may or may not care. I drive with my xenon fogs on any time my headlights are on. Even on highways with by cool white/slightly blue cab lights. Been pulled over for speeding and registration and they've never said anything about it. But my truck is only srw. I can't imagine they would care to much about roof lights though. Just the sides. But there's always a chance I guess.

Jason

Reaction score
Yeah your clearance lights..since they do serve an actual purpose other than being cosmetic..have to be amber when lit. A lot of old school truckers ran a green, or different color bulb in the middle..and nobody really was hassled. This trend popped back up again..and none of them made it very far without getting popped. The middle 3 have a certain spacing also, and you have to have a minimum of so many. Another trend that popped up was squishing the middle three right together...that didn't last long either..

Jason

Reaction score
Texas also isn't Pennsylvania. And for some reason..getting popped for your registration out doesn't surprise me with your bald ass tires to accomodate them.....

dsberman94

Reaction score
Texas also isn't Pennsylvania. And for some reason..getting popped for your registration out doesn't surprise me with your bald ass tires to accomodate them.....

Registration was paid that time though. Just still don't have the sticker. In Texas I would probably atleast have the sticker by now. And I got new tires.

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
I was pulled over because my Camper didn't have the 3 lights in the center on the front. The camper doesnt have those lights. The officer didn't even know the law about those lights when I asked him what they were for.

Latest posts

Members online