cab mounts

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Ok guys so my moshimoto is leaking. I will be replacing the cab mounts with the radiator. Question is should I go with the daystar, Dorman or oem replacements? Thanks in advance!

obs7.3

Reaction score
I think Daystar is the brand of choice. iirc, they have a life time warranty and they are more durable than OEM. Theres a write up about it on here somewhere that's got all the info about the cab mounts.

Cknox121

Reaction score
The daystar are crap. I ordered them and they are nowhere near the size of the factory ones.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The Daystar ones are shorter than the factory ones, but its due to them being built out of a harder material. The factory cab mounts are a foam rubber, and when the cab comes down they squish to the same height as the Daystar mounts. I've done two so far with no issues. However I do have a complaint that I've addressed with Daystar, the cab mount pockets on the frame have a bigger cut out than the Daystar mount have on them. So you do have about 1/4 - 1/2" of adjustment NSEW that makes it a pain when lining them up with the the holes on the cab. Other than that no issues.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
So if I go dorman I would need part numbers 924-065 and 924-066 correct? Should I also replace the radiator mounts?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Dorman once to honestly say. Though I have heard they use solid rubber instead of foam rubber like OEM so I'd say that's an improvement. And you can buy the Dorman ones individually too from what I understand as to where Daystar is a full kit only. I don't have any complaints about the Daystar ones other than the need to line them up in the frame pockets to center them up with the bolt holes in the cab. Hopefully they fix that issue in an update.

Latest posts

Members online