Cab Vents - Air Inlet Grill

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of their cab vents? Both of mine are leaking and I'm going to replace them but I'm wondering what the new designs look like. Hopefully they never changed the holes and more recent designs will fit my 2002 holes.

I'm trying to figure out if 2008+ or 2011+ vents will fit into the same hole so I know which ones to buy. I'm in the middle of a huge sound deadening project so if I can get a vent that will do a little better job with noise I'd love to do it.

I'm not interested in blocking them off.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
My local Ford parts desk finally called me back and their computer says that the new part number interchanges with the old trucks: 3C3Z-54280B62-BA

The pic posted on Amazon doesn't look like a direct swap to me, but I guess I'll find out in a couple days when they get here! I'll report back what I find out.

Ford Air Intake Grille on Amazon

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Well that part certainly does not fit. I didn't have time to weld up the sheet metal to match the new vent so I just had to repair my old ones and put them back in. Maybe someday in the future I can have time to fit the new ones.

As you can see in the pic, the rounded corners didn't match my square hole and left this 1/8" gaps of air. They were also about 1/16-1/8" taller than the hole, but that would be easily corrected by cutting into the plastic to let the vent sit down further. Finally they were about 1/4" too narrow, so the repair would have been adding material to one side to narrow the hole and material to each bottom corner to fit the rounded edge.

3jU0KK5.jpg

Latest posts

Members online