Cam Swap on stock 6.0L....

Straubtech

Reaction score
Zeb at Southern Ky Diesel just finished a cam/lifter/pushrod swap on a 2006 6.0L Powerstroke. This is a Crew Cab short wheel base F250. With stock fuel and stock chargers this engine dyno'd at 330HP with 190K miles on it.

Customer picked truck up today. Zeb put a 100 miles on it and he said the low speed driving is greatly improved. Throttle response in unreal for diesel and mid range power gain feels very good. He also said the exhaust note is much deeper/throatier than a 6.0L usually sounds.

So what most have wanted will be next Friday. Next Friday, March 4th it is going back to same dyno for a pull with stock fuel and stock turbos.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I mean this in the nicest way possible.

But in 2010, yes, SIX years ago when Tadd, Josh and Myself reported the EXACT same things that you are claiming, nobody did back flips.

Again, what makes what you are doing so revolutionary and better than what Elite, Colt, & RCD have figured out years ago.

Then again, this six liter is still on stock "turbos"

Straubtech

Reaction score
I mean this in the nicest way possible.

But in 2010, yes, SIX years ago when Tadd, Josh and Myself reported the EXACT same things that you are claiming, nobody did back flips.

Again, what makes what you are doing so revolutionary and better than what Elite, Colt, & RCD have figured out years ago.

Then again, this six liter is still on stock "turbos"

Tadd contacted me several weeks ago. Working with him on a whole new camshaft program including the 6.7L for Elite. For what these engines need valve event wise, can't be achieved with stock cores. IMO, regrinding stock cores is waste. We can throw duration numbers and lift around and honestly this cam would not impress anyone if you did. Now you get to the valve events.....now that is where control of the engine lies.

Working on the Ford Coyote 5.0L engine. NOTHING else but cam phasing through the rpm range has netted 40HP/60#/ft. That is OEM Ford tune, oem exhaust, oem air cleaner.

So we add some boost and get the events right....it will be fun.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Tadd contacted me several weeks ago. Working with him on a whole new camshaft program including the 6.7L for Elite. For what these engines need valve event wise, can't be achieved with stock cores. IMO, regrinding stock cores is waste. We can throw duration numbers and lift around and honestly this cam would not impress anyone if you did. Now you get to the valve events.....now that is where control of the engine lies.

Working on the Ford Coyote 5.0L engine. NOTHING else but cam phasing through the rpm range has netted 40HP/60#/ft. That is OEM Ford tune, oem exhaust, oem air cleaner.

So we add some boost and get the events right....it will be fun.

So.. That doesn't explain anything about what this post is regarding

There's been another company working on a new billet 6.7 ford cam for quite some time, with correcting valve timing.

Just like the RCD Billets, corrected valve timing on all 4 profiles to take full advantage of the platform.

For what its worth, I had a 775HP Coyote a few years ago, the cam timing played a large part into getting it to make and hold the power out, so I can respect that..

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Zeb at Southern Ky Diesel just finished a cam/lifter/pushrod swap on a 2006 6.0L Powerstroke. This is a Crew Cab short wheel base F250. With stock fuel and stock chargers this engine dyno'd at 330HP with 190K miles on it.

Customer picked truck up today. Zeb put a 100 miles on it and he said the low speed driving is greatly improved. Throttle response in unreal for diesel and mid range power gain feels very good. He also said the exhaust note is much deeper/throatier than a 6.0L usually sounds.

So what most have wanted will be next Friday. Next Friday, March 4th it is going back to same dyno for a pull with stock fuel and stock turbos.

Stock tuning?

Straubtech

Reaction score
So.. That doesn't explain anything about what this post is regarding

There's been another company working on a new billet 6.7 ford cam for quite some time, with correcting valve timing.

Just like the RCD Billets, corrected valve timing on all 4 profiles to take full advantage of the platform.

For what its worth, I had a 775HP Coyote a few years ago, the cam timing played a large part into getting it to make and hold the power out, so I can respect that..

Then you understand how important the valve journey is and when it starts and when it stops.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Did they install the super heavy duty lifters with the one off snap ring while the cam was being replaced?

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score

I'm thinking there are a few people, myself included, who are confused by your statement in the first paragraph.....
It sounds like Zeb just swapped the cam and lifters on a 2006 6.0L, drove it 100 miles, and it dynoed 330rwhp...WITH the cam and lifter swap.

The confusion is when you then say it is going back to get dynoed again on March 4th.

Was the 330hp with the completely stock engine, BEFORE the cam/lifter swap?

And now we are waiting until March 4th, to see the dyno results for just the cam/lifter swap?

Just trying to clear things up for myself, and others.

Edit:
Reading the OP first post again, it sounds like the stock engine/cam/turbo dynoed 330rwhp.
And the final dyno, with the new cam/lifter swap, will be on March 4th.

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Last edited:

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score

Nice. Will be good to see some final numbers. You know you're doing something right when all people do is line up to piss in your cornflakes. Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.