Can 175/75 injector hit 600+ rwhp? Yes or NO and why

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
OK, me first YES it can be done, why well the stage 3 made 605 with defueled 190/100. With 175/75 wide open it would be more fuel then defueled 190/100. So my stance is YES IT CAN BE DONE. Yeh, yeh I know I'm MAD, your right I am MAD, nutter than a squirrel sh** that lives in a peanut farm.:morons:

windrunner408

Reaction score
NO 175/75s can not make over 600hp... Why??? Not enough fuel :morons: "MUST roll coal. Chicks dig lots of smoke. My truck makes lots of black smoke. I must have over 700hp"... LOL LOL

J/k man. In all honesty I just know if you are using the 175/75s that were in your truck, I think they had enough fuel for that kind of power with enough air. Your EGTs got HOT and quick with that Stage 1 and batmowheel. JMO though.

Just remember, there isnt any point to posting whatever number you make unless you make a trip down the track too. :poke: LOL LOL LOL

Last edited:

SootPowered

Reaction score
I would say yes. The problem with the 6.0's have never really been fuel. The problem with 6.0L power is air flow like stated above.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I doubt it, not because of the injector size but because of the nozzle size. The 75% nozzles won't flow enough at high rpms to make that kind of power IMO, just not enough available pulse width. Maybe with 100% nozzles it could be done. But, thene the questionis what kind of torque will we see? If it doesn't have close to 1200 ft-lbs there is no point in having 600 hp.

Obviously, the numbers would need to be backed up.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
550 to the wheels is my guess. I don't believe it has the fuel.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I doubt it, not because of the injector size but because of the nozzle size. The 75% nozzles won't flow enough at high rpms to make that kind of power IMO, just not enough available pulse width. Maybe with 100% nozzles it could be done. But, thene the questionis what kind of torque will we see? If it doesn't have close to 1200 ft-lbs there is no point in having 600 hp.

Obviously, the numbers would need to be backed up.

I agree, with you the torque numbers may not be there due to not enough fuel. Like I stated before I thought it would be possible, but after the stage 3 ran with a defueled 190/100, makes me believe it just might. The question is how much was the defueling by the tune, enough that the 190 = 175 or less. Just something to think about for now, I do have a guy that will try it with a stage 3, and 175/75, also I might be trying it myself. The 175/75 that I got for JJ @ DozersDiesel flow fuel like a mother, I was having to get tuners to try two to three times for defueling and even with stage 2 , that turbo was having trouble. Still had to have the injectors defueled, will be interesting.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I have always been told that 190s were capable of 600hp with compounds and I kind of view this big VGT as the same sort of principle. Either way in the end it is coming down to shoving a HUGE amount of air in with the fuel. So it doesn't matter if you use two turbos or one to do it. If 190s with the right amount air can support 600hp, then they can support 600hp. Period. Just get the mods for it is all. So I would have thought your site would actually be accurate with that statement. I will agree that it will not be everybody with a Powermax that makes it but with the "supporting mods", 600 is attainable with 190s. JMO.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Of course man. I just need Adrian to mod me a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 that I already have lined up to sell so I can buy a Stage 3 with a billet wheel and I'll take this one out and get it right over to you for sure.

Dont worry man so far driving around I only make at most 7-8psi of boost and I even use fully synthetic 5w-40 with AR9100 to keep those bearings in tip top shape. :D

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
He knows, Meds are still working good, I know 190 can hit it on dyno, wait for track I just wanted to know about 175/75.:grouphug:

windrunner408

Reaction score
You know Adrian, if you want to do this right you need to send ur injectors out and have them flow tested to make sure that they are true 175/75s and not something bigger so it can really be 175/75s that are flow bench verified and then with a dyno run and track time, the results would be indesputible :D

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I have always been told that 190s were capable of 600hp with compounds and I kind of view this big VGT as the same sort of principle. Either way in the end it is coming down to shoving a HUGE amount of air in with the fuel. So it doesn't matter if you use two turbos or one to do it. If 190s with the right amount air can support 600hp, then they can support 600hp. Period. Just get the mods for it is all. So I would have thought your site would actually be accurate with that statement. I will agree that it will not be everybody with a Powermax that makes it but with the "supporting mods", 600 is attainable with 190s. JMO.

190/100s are.

I don't think 75% nozzles are enough. I agree that you should have the injectors flow tested so you know they are true 175s, for example Casserly's 190s really flow like 196 or so. JMO

windrunner408

Reaction score
I have been told that mine actually flow like 188 or something but I have not had them flow benched.

Latest posts

Members online