Can a TS chip contact terminal go bad?

young7.3

Reaction score
Ive been experiencing instances where I'll be driving down the road and I won't accelerate at all, but the truck will fuel more on its own and increase speed. Is it possible for the chip's terminals to get a better connection and automatically increase desired fuel rate? The truck has 238 / 80 injectors, 38r turbo, built transmission, fuel system, oil system, traction bars, all supporting mods for 500 horsepower, but when floored it barely feels like a 400 hp truck. Does anyone have any thoughts of what could be causing it to act this way. Thanks in advance.

young7.3

Reaction score
theres a million things that could be
What's the first three possibilities that you would check then? Ive data logged it with ae and everything there looked in check. Im going to try and swap chips with a friend to rule that out, but until then what else might be causing this?

Spatel23

Reaction score
IF youve datalogged it and everything seems to be in check....fuel pressure, icp, ipr duty cylce ,etc... Im assuming youve already checked the terminals on the IDM ? They are properly cleaned with a scotch brite pad etc etc as per the ancient directions ? I dont have them handy but Im sure you know what Im talking about.

Also can you describe the symptoms a bit more ?
Its not dead pedal is it ?

young7.3

Reaction score
IF youve datalogged it and everything seems to be in check....fuel pressure, icp, ipr duty cylce ,etc... Im assuming youve already checked the terminals on the IDM ? They are properly cleaned with a scotch brite pad etc etc as per the ancient directions ? I dont have them handy but Im sure you know what Im talking about.

Also can you describe the symptoms a bit more ?
Its not dead pedal is it ?

What's dead pedal?

Its like if the cruise control is set at say 60mph, and your chip is in a low hp setting...then, you instantly turn it to a higher setting. The truck instantly fuels more without moving the throttle position.
I know what you're trying to describe. I haven't checked it since the first time I sanded it down. Maybe I didn't get the terminals clean enough for full connection. Ill try to pull the computer and clean it again once these sub zero temperatures leave in a couple days.

Last edited:

Latest posts