can a tune get corrupted?

chappy

Reaction score
I was just wondering. Its the only explanation I have for my tune not working right. It started this spring when my truck started not running right when the temps got hot outside. I ended up pulling codes and seen I thru 2 codes for the accelerator pedal. I changed the pedal and it ran good after that kind of. The codes have yet to come back but the tune (spd) still wasn't working right. The turbo would go retarded and the vains would not let the turbo spool and wouldn't let it open up all the way once lit. I could hear it thru the exhaust it was that bad. Sounded like a stuck ebpv on a 7.3. I pulled the turbo out and all is fine. Thought for the heck of it I'd try the mpd tune and it works great. So I tried my srl+ and it works great as well. Go back to the spd and it does the same thing. So only thing I can think of is the tune got corrupted some how. Just didn't know how or if its possible. Truck ran great with it for months till the accelerator pedal went bad. I've got no ideas so I'm hoping someone else has heard of this before.

Zmann

Reaction score
well if u have the original emailed copy on your computer .. just reload it and see

907DAVE

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at your EBP sensor to see whats up?

chappy

Reaction score
Yeh put a new one in it for the hell of it and cleaned the tube. My stradegy shouldn't use the ebp sensor though from what I can tell. Wiring is all good now also. When I was having pedal issues I found 2 wires going to the map sensor were melted on the oil feed tube to the turbo and bare copper touching. The pedal was still bad though after fixing that issue.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Have you tried reloading the stock file and then load the SPD to see if that helps?

strokin6L

Reaction score
if i remember correctly...i think you are suppose to disable the antivirus on your computer before you download the tune from your email so that it wont get corrupted.

3brorce

Reaction score
I had an IDP tune that became corrupted and ran weird. If nothing works I am sure you can contact Chris and tell him what is going on. He will help you out if they are making tunes yet with the move

chappy

Reaction score
I had an IDP tune that became corrupted and ran weird. If nothing works I am sure you can contact Chris and tell him what is going on. He will help you out if they are making tunes yet with the move

Yeh I believe he was off last week for the holiday so i'm gonna contact him monday.

Have you tried reloading the stock file and then load the SPD to see if that helps?

yep I tried that as well.

if i remember correctly...i think you are suppose to disable the antivirus on your computer before you download the tune from your email so that it wont get corrupted.

hmm did not know that.

Latest posts

Members online