Can I swap a 95 engine into a 97?

lorendiesel6.4

Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything definitive. So I have a 97 F350 5spd that has bad injectors and I think needs bearings and I found a running take out 95 auto engine. Will the harness clip right on and what other differences should I know about?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Completely depends on the build date, otherwise it will be a near drop in swap. The 97 could have AB injectors in it, which I would swap to the donor motor.

old man dave

Reaction score
Vans are weird, they are half-breeds in some respects and even have their own series of PCMs. Also many late 97 California engines wound up being sold all over the US.

rat49f6

Reaction score
95 and 97 have different hpop and feont covers

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
95 and 97 have different hpop and feont covers

True, however that makes no difference for the swap. If he gets an aftermarket hpop later on down the road, he just has to order it for a 94.5-95. Like everyone else said, some sensors are different, and check your injectors. That's really about all you need to be worried about doing the swap

rat49f6

Reaction score
Right... just making sure he knows

lorendiesel6.4

Reaction score
Well shiit I was hoping it would be plug and play. Any way short of pulling imjectors to tell if they're AA or AB code? As far as the other differences I'm was planning on flipping it so whoever buys it would have to worry about that. LoL

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
it can be plug n play if you are not worried about specifics, clean the valve cover and see if it is california or fed emissions

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well shiit I was hoping it would be plug and play. Any way short of pulling imjectors to tell if they're AA or AB code? As far as the other differences I'm was planning on flipping it so whoever buys it would have to worry about that. LoL

It is plug and play...

The injectors will be stamped right on the top, AA or AB.

old man dave

Reaction score
Apparently some of the early PSDs came through with AO injectors. The AOs are the same as the AAs, 90cc single shots. Just have to pull off a valve cover since the injectors are stamped on top of the injector solenoids.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online