Can I tow with 140 hp tune

IAstroker6.4

Reaction score
Alright just bought a 7.3 with 280k has 140 tune and i dont have the tuner and my job requires me to tow 14klbs can i tow with the 140 extream tune...just have to watch temps right...One problem with that dont have gauges

IAstroker6.4

Reaction score
Its from siouxcity iowa to worthington mn no hills at all going up empty and coming back full try to get the weight to the middle of the trailer

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm guessing its a superchips programer or like... And he doesnt have the programer.

If you had gauges, go for it. Without gauges I would NOT.

Of course motors are cheap so... Up to you.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its from siouxcity iowa to worthington mn no hills at all going up empty and coming back full try to get the weight to the middle of the trailer

Well where you place the weight on the trailer makes all the differance in the world as to your EGT's...LOL

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Just hook up and roll with it. Drive right and you won't have any issues. I always tow on my hottest tune in every truck I have owned. Never had any issues. And I tow heavier than that.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just hook up and roll with it. Drive right and you won't have any issues. I always tow on my hottest tune in every truck I have owned. Never had any issues. And I tow heavier than that.

Sure... Do this...

I'll get you a link to some cheap replacement motors when you melt a piston.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I had a superchip on my truck back when I got it.. no gauges , I grossed 25k on a regular basis...

But I put it back to stock.
Dude you come in here, ask for advice, then don't get the answer you are looking for so you keep fishing.

Without gauges you would be a fool to tow with your chip on any setting ..

sent while staring at a windowed block

Latest posts

Members online