Can my 64mm powermax be modded?

stonepusher

Reaction score
james is building mine as we speak. it should be back at tsd soon. but yea i taled to him on the phone hes very nice. and hes rebuilding my powermax to a 68mm. he was telling me how good of luck he has on his turbos he builds. no complaints knock on wood. im really excited to get it back and run it. he even took a old 6.0 turbo i had and the powermax and took the core charge from the 6.0 turbo and put the cost toward the bill to make it cheaper.

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even own a 6.0 lol........ His turbo really woke up the truck. Dynoed and got a lil over 690hp before I started dropping ICP. Trap speed at the track put hp a bit over 700hp on fuel.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
he doesnt own a 6.0? lol im glad to hear that about yours. i heard the original powermax has a little lag and the ones he builds doesnt have any. your making 700hp on just fuel? dam brotha. i just looked at your signature and your running 285's. are they reliable? and are the hybrids tuned down a little or just less smokey. im getting 225s and i just want to be in the 550 to 600hp and run in the 13s with my crew cab dually. but im also getting a thumper hpop which i hope helps. idk if you run spray or not but i dont want to i kinda feel like its cheating. what do you run at the track without spray? and how is the bts 4r? and do you regret not getting a 5r? i know the 5rs are supposably not as reliable. i have one but i havent ran it with the injectors just the powermax and 155ccs but two injectors were misfiring

Whitezotti

Reaction score
the bts has been running fine. i kinda like having that extra gear to. probally because i got 4:30 gears and i have a better top end.

stonepusher

Reaction score
he doesnt own a 6.0? lol im glad to hear that about yours. i heard the original powermax has a little lag and the ones he builds doesnt have any. your making 700hp on just fuel? dam brotha. i just looked at your signature and your running 285's. are they reliable? and are the hybrids tuned down a little or just less smokey. im getting 225s and i just want to be in the 550 to 600hp and run in the 13s with my crew cab dually. but im also getting a thumper hpop which i hope helps. idk if you run spray or not but i dont want to i kinda feel like its cheating. what do you run at the track without spray? and how is the bts 4r? and do you regret not getting a 5r? i know the 5rs are supposably not as reliable. i have one but i havent ran it with the injectors just the powermax and 155ccs but two injectors were misfiring

My egts are cooler now with the 150 nozzle then the 100 I ran before, so far they have been very reliable. On fuel I ran a [email protected], I do run nitrous on the track, ran a 11.00@125 with one stage using .125 jet which according to the calculator put it a little over 900hp. Before the hybrids I ran a 10.93@123 using two stages, .125 jet & .088. I don't have one regret switching to the 4r, truck drives better, shifts better, spools the charger faster. Drives kinda like a 5r in tow haul. 4r is def the way to go IMO.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
the 4r i have in my 7.3 did shift firmer but a good firm. so do you leave it in towhaul or how do you do that? do you daily drive that truck? im guessing its reliable and you never have problems with it. the 150 percent injectors are cooler than the 100 percent? im getting 225/100s those should be fine you think right? i also am getting a radiator which should help

Latest posts

Members online