Can you dye the interior panels to change the color?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Iv been wanting to change the color of my interior for a long time. I am going to be doing a few changes and am starting to collect parts as I find good deals and money allows. So I was thinking, instead of buying all new panels, can the dash pieces and door panels be painted or can you use a dye? Any info on products and/or how-to would be greatly appreciated.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You can paint most of the plastic...

Unless its blue, then I'll hunt you down and kill you! LOL

RedSmokey

Reaction score
LOL Nah its all tan. You dont think the paint would flake/scratch off on the door panels and dash? Ill have to check the type of paint I got with my pilar pod and see if they make it in black.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Dye it... powerstrokekid87 or w.e his username is dyed his I believe... harley black, it looks awesome he has the whole build thread posted on here somewhere alex

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I just found a thread where powerstrokekid87 changed his whole interior and it looks like he was using a dye/paint to change his interior over. Funny enough too, he changed it to black like I am wanting to do. His truck is newer but I cant imagine the plastic material changed much if at all.

rat49f6

Reaction score
SEM sells the dye/paint you are looking for

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

imelmo

Reaction score
Dye it... powerstrokekid87 or w.e his username is dyed his I believe... harley black, it looks awesome he has the whole build thread posted on here somewhere alex

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

I just found a thread where powerstrokekid87 changed his whole interior and it looks like he was using a dye/paint to change his interior over. Funny enough too, he changed it to black like I am wanting to do. His truck is newer but I cant imagine the plastic material changed much if at all.

That's what I was gonna suggest. His interior came out awesome.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
That's what I was gonna suggest. His interior came out awesome.

Yea it did! I am wanting to convert the top half of my dash to the 05-07, just trying to see if the bottom half of my dash will line up or if im going to have to get the entire dash.

Jomax

Reaction score
You can paint most of the plastic...

Unless its blue, then I'll hunt you down and kill you! LOL

What year trucks came in blue? Sounds like a cool interior.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

Snake

Reaction score
Dye it. If you have someone do it for you, they should be able to make / match any color.

SAK

Reaction score
Yea it did! I am wanting to convert the top half of my dash to the 05-07, just trying to see if the bottom half of my dash will line up or if im going to have to get the entire dash.

I think I still have an 05-07 HD dash bezel laying around somewhere if you are interested in it.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You need the entire dash, frame, and ducts. I already tried it, radio doesn't line up, vents dont match, etc. It sucks.

Latest posts

Members online