Carli commuter 2.0

TexAg56

Reaction score
Does the normal Carli Commuter 2.0 package (the $2330 one) come with fox 2.0 shocks just for the front? You dont replace the rear? Or if you do replace rear you have to buy more shocks?

Notneb

Reaction score
If it's the package it comes with: Front Springs, Front shocks, Rear add-a-leaf springs, rear shocks.

Usually people get the adjustable trac-bar as well.

Mine with full rear leafs, trac-bar, and hi-mount steering stabilizer was $3600. So your price of $2330 sound right for the basic package.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Ok Im hoping it does come with the rear shocks. On the carli website it doesnt make it clear if its just the add a pack leaf springs in the rear or shocks aswell. Any other insight is appreciated

Notneb

Reaction score
Just find the authorized dealer in your state and asks them, they can build you any package you want. The Carli site is just a general reference.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Ten4 thanks guys. Anyone who has gotten the carli commuter 2.0 package installed on their truck (without other options just this kit) how much did yall pay for labor? Just want to know so I can see how fair my local dealer is being

JRLott

Reaction score
You can do it yourself in 4 hours if you don't get in a very big hurry.

JRLott

Reaction score
Well...I just threw blocks in the rear, do it might take a few more beers doing the add pack.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Lol for me Im sure it would take a few cases. I wish I was mechanically inclined, Im just not haha. I feel comfortable with this place that they do a fine job just was curious if they are on par with prices.

Jomax

Reaction score
I would for sure accept the 375$ to install. That's cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
Soon as Im done workin this turnaround Im gunna pull the trigger! Right now Im working 13 days on 1 day off. I only get off every other sunday so I really have no choice but to wait. Is there any way to be sure that they install carli tuned fox shocks vs just fox shocks that have never been tuned by carli? I started thinking about that today.

Jomax

Reaction score
Soon as Im done workin this turnaround Im gunna pull the trigger! Right now Im working 13 days on 1 day off. I only get off every other sunday so I really have no choice but to wait. Is there any way to be sure that they install carli tuned fox shocks vs just fox shocks that have never been tuned by carli? I started thinking about that today.

No, they look identical. If you buy the kit, I'd engrave them somewhere small. Where you an check if it's there after they install it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Im sure they will make me buy the kit thru them. Lol I got trust issues obviously but thats what happens when you live in Corpus Christi lol

Well, then your probably SOL, unless you buy their pintop kit with kings, that has CARLI stickers on them.

The coils will be CARLI stamped on all the kits.

Notneb

Reaction score
If you're not doing rear leafs, literally all they're going to do it put it on a lift, jack up the pumpkins, drop the stock shocks, loosen the rear leaf u-bolts, then drop the axles, put on the add a leafs/blocks, front springs, and shocks, lower the truck and tighten it all up.

So honestly while $375 seems cheap, all that is done in about 2 hours. So that's about $187 an hour for labor. While I admit, in the lift install world, that sounds cheap... if it was a 4-link where they have to cold chisel the radius arm buckets off the frame.

IMO you're losing a lot of money that you could save and get other upgrades with. You may not be mechanically inclined, but I'm willing to be you know a buddy who is. Let me put it this way: My girlfriend helped me with my lift, all except the full rear leafs, just cuz she weighs less than they do. You're just getting Front springs, rear add-a-leaf and shocks, you can do that in 2-3 hours with jack stands and a floor jack.

Just my .2

TexAg56

Reaction score
If I had a buddy like you Neb, Id try it. Last thing I want is to have to truck apart and undrivable and realize idk wtf Im doing and not make it to work lol. Im sure I could probably get it done but Im willing to pay someone 375 who will do a professional job with warranty. But were on the same page Id love to be able to do that myself and keep the 375 in my pocket

JRLott

Reaction score
Too bad you don't live closer, a case of beer and it'd be done!

What he said. I did mine by myself.
Jack up front
Place jack stands on frame
Remove tires
Remove shocks
Take nut off sway bar
Remove brake line bolt
Lower axle
Remove spring
Instal new spring ensuring you line it up the same
Reverse process

Basically it in a nutshell. It's not like you're rebuilding the engine. If you can do basic things like...open doors, which even these t-sips around here can do, you can do this.
Rear is even easier.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.