Carli Hi Mount Stabilizer

TripleE44

Reaction score
This morning I pegged a roll of some thick carpet going about 70mph and now my steering stabilizer bracket from top gun is bent, and so is one of the stabilizer/shocks. This is the 2nd time I've managed to hit the stabilizer on something and I'm thinking about trying this one out. I'm just a little unsure it's going to be enough for my truck on 7'' lift and 37s.

Anyone had one or do y'all have any thoughts on the situation?

Here's a link:
http://performancetruckproducts.com...nsion-high-mount-stabilizer-ford-08-11-1.html

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
$240 for a single stabilizer? I'd just go with the dual kit from top gun again

NotStock

Reaction score
The shock Carli is using for that single is a good one. But it still may not be enough. Shoot Carli a call and Im sure they would give you an honest answer it it was enough. If you decide to go the dual route, we have a dual opposed kit using the 5100 dampener specific shocks that will be on sale for $299 for a little while.

On another note, Im glad your ok. Im sure a roll of carpet on the freeway had to of scared the living dog $hit out of you!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Thanks Trevor. I'll keep you in mind. If you've got a kit top gun won't be gettin my money. I'm currently taking it all off to see if I can straighten the bracket back out and just use that with new shocks. Then I'll just need to find somewhere to just get the shocks.

As far as scaring me, to be honest it didn't really bother me. It was about like hitting a speed bump in a parking lot that you didn't notice. Wheel didn't jerk or anything which is what I was worried about after I saw I was gonna hit it.

Layson

Reaction score
I think you could straighten that out pretty easy. It is just at the mounts correct?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Ya. I bent it back earlier. It's close to flat, but its a little wavy now. The mounting holes for the shocks are in the right spot now though. The shaft in the driver's side shock is bent pretty good, and all the oil is gone.

I'll probably just be trying to buy just one shock Monday if I can find someone that'll sell em without a kit. But I may still just get a whole new kit just because it bothers me that its not perfect anymore.

Layson, you seem like you've got some experience with this kind of stuff. What's your opinion of the single carli kit for my application?

Layson

Reaction score
I don't know, I think the kit you have will do a a lot better job than that high mount. It just seems like having them connected as close to the tires as possible is going to do a better job.

You could also think of it this way, at least that is really an easy fix. If you didn't have it on there it could have been damaged something more important behind it.

I am just not a huge fan of that high mount either. The angle that it is at and I usually see it on trucks that also have the traditional style low mounts. I just don't see it as a clearance issue either. It doesn't hang down any further than anything else in that area. I just don't see it as doing that much for you compared to a traditional style, maybe more for coolness factor. In my opinion...

Latest posts

Members online