Carli, which system to choose?

whendric

Reaction score
Looking at a Carli suspension system but not sure what to choose. Was thinking 2.5 system and the Dominator 3.0 package. Not looking to lift and may run a bigger tire from stock (35s). Is this package overkill?

On a '16 F350 CCSW Platinum.

Anyone running the Carli systems that could chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ImAti0n

Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with your truck? I'm going with the backcountry 2.5" system with full deavers.

The dominator is extremely nice but may be over kill for what you're going to use the truck for.

whendric

Reaction score
About 80/20 highway/off-road. Max tow is 10-15k lbs.

Spend a lot of time in my truck for work, looking for good ride and the added hight is ok without doing a lift. Will do tires and eventually wheels. Not sure what path I'll go down next.

30a99a228f8f5a2e49e464851bd393de.jpg

2016, F350 CCSW - Platinum

sootie

Reaction score
If that's the case, do the backcountry kit with the full leaf pack in the rear and Fox shocks option

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
whatever you decide hit me up, i'll hook you up on anything carli !

ImAti0n

Reaction score
If he's going to be towing a lot then maybe the add a pack would be ideal but you can't beat the ride quality with a full set of deavers.

Profuzz

Reaction score
2.5 " pin top is great all around performer on & off road ! If u go w/ full leaf option u will need air bags to tow that much weight!

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Mind you, I am not an owner of a Carli kit, but I have been doing a lot reading. I guess it really comes down to how much a nice ride is worth to you. Pintop is a really nice kit, but so is the commuter. There's a member on here that just installed over the counter fox 2.0's, and he says it greatly improved his ride. If you're wanting to do a more thorough upgrade, I'd say get the progressive coils in the front and fox shocks. With towing that heavy, deavers in the rear may not be your best solution. Drive it like that for a little while, and if you're still not satisfied, buy the full deaver springs for the rear and get some airbags. These trucks ride pretty dang good compared to what they were 9-10 years ago. A 2.5" kit with a 4" block in there (mostly level stance) will yield clearance for 37" tires on factory wheels. When I finally quit messing around, I will probably opt for just shocks. I don't need 37" tires, even though that will help with ride quality as well.

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
I had the pintop and now have the dominator. The Pintop is an awesome ride and very capable off-road. The Dominator is just much more capable off- road. I beat the crap out of it on weekends and it's very hard to push it to its limits. If your not going to go crazy on the off-roading you will be plenty satisfied with the Pintop. Plus if you ever felt the need to upgrade you can.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I have the 2.5" Carli coils, trackbar and the pmf 3 link up front and the ride is good

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I had the pintop and now have the dominator. The Pintop is an awesome ride and very capable off-road. The Dominator is just much more capable off- road. I beat the crap out of it on weekends and it's very hard to push it to its limits. If your not going to go crazy on the off-roading you will be plenty satisfied with the Pintop. Plus if you ever felt the need to upgrade you can.

very well said !

whendric

Reaction score
Thanks guys, probably going to go with backcountry 2.5. One question, are the full deavers softer than stock leafs and is the reason for bags for heavy towing?

JRLott

Reaction score
OUO or PMF traction bars should be added to your list of goodies.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, probably going to go with backcountry 2.5. One question, are the full deavers softer than stock leafs and is the reason for bags for heavy towing?

yes and yes. call me if you have any more questions, we are a carli dealer.

ImAti0n

Reaction score

That's what I'm going with. I'll be making the purchase here very shortly.

whendric

Reaction score
What are guys running for pressures in their bags when unloaded?

Profuzz

Reaction score
I run day star cradles w/ 5 lbs on my 06 6.0
My 15 tow boss yet to install

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.