Carpet delete (pics)!

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I am replacing the 11yr old carpet with something that is more suitable for my lifestyle (and smells better!) - vinyl/rubber flooring! My dog travels all over the country with me when I'm working, I have 2 boys at home and since I work/live out of my truck, vinyl is just better for me. I will save my carpet in case I change my mind - but I don't see it happening...

This company also makes molded replacement carpet kits, but thats not what I wanted. I paid $275 shipped for front-to-back kit, but apparently price went up a little since last month. They have a bunch of color options for carpet and vinyl, I got several samples of both and the quality of ALL looked good!
http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/...tions=4+DOOR+COMPLETE&color=16&samples=Y#year

This stuff is much thicker than the OE vinyl floors in my F350 and comes with OE-type padding/insulation. Here's the kit all laid out (except insulation):
IMAG1814.jpg

Its THICK!
IMAG1815.jpg

Since I'm driving the X, living in TT and working 70+hrs/week, its been a little slow - but first I pulled all but front seats, the trim and rear 1/2 of the carpet:
IMAG1870.jpg

IMAG1873.jpg

Then, I installed thermal/acoustic insulation (like dynamat, but less expensive) - http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier.php?category=120
IMAG1879.jpg

IMAG1880.jpg

IMAG1882.jpg

I'll pull front seats on Monday and should get everything put back together on Tuesday - more pics when its done!!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Looks great! I ought to do that to my truck with as much crap my kid brings with him and has the chance of spilling not to mention I always have parts and stuff in the back floor board

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Looks great! I ought to do that to my truck with as much crap my kid brings with him and has the chance of spilling not to mention I always have parts and stuff in the back floor board

Exactly! My F350 has vinyl floors and they just work so much better for me. I used to be leery of leather, but I've learned it is alot more 'durable' than cloth and waaaaaay more comfortable than vinyl. I think the leather seats/vinyl floors combo will be sweeeeet!

Btw, I drove up to Wichita with the rear trim panels off - OMG is it LOUD without them!!! Specifically turbo-whistle. I'm gonna see how much insulating I can do to the body in that area and maybe put some on the back-side of the panels to supplement the factory stuff...

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I have though many times about doing the exact same thing. I'll definitely be watching to see how this turns out. Looking good so far.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Great site! Looked up replacement carpet for my truck... $240 bucks shipped with the extra backing!!!

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
any update?

It didn't lay 'factory flat' in front of the front seats. I'm hoping a set of Weathertech or similar floor liners will go over the vinyl and give me the OE look I really wanted - but I'm not sure that will be enough to get me to recommend the vinyl (for an X anyway). I should call ACC and see what they say...

From the front seats back it is 100% OE fit and finish and I LOVE it. :toast: Not sure if its the goofy center hump in the X or just the dum rednek installer, but I tried every which way to get it to lay flat up front.

Copracr

Reaction score
It might relax a bit in the summer heat. I wouldnt go too crazy till then

ColtonP

Reaction score
Mine didn't lay flat either. I let the truck run with the heater on for 5 hours and it helped a lot. After driving it for a few weeks, it was fine.

Latest posts

Members online