ccv mod

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
All I did was cut the tube that connects the intake and the oil fill, put a plug in the intake side and connected a hose to the other and ran it down the frame dropping out at the back of the radius arm....

It may not be correct way to do it but I have no issues out of it.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I took mine off the valve cover flipped it around, ran a connector into the 90* pipe that connects it to the intake pipe....ran 24' of 3/4-1"??? I don't remember what size exactly....and than built a new intake pipe using 4" exhaust tube.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
Ill try to get some later Im headed to sped the day with my family right now....not alot of family time in my future for a while....Ill have the hood open tomorrow though.

Chad

Petro

Reaction score
I took mine off the valve cover flipped it around, ran a connector into the 90* pipe that connects it to the intake pipe....ran 24' of 3/4-1"??? I don't remember what size exactly....and than built a new intake pipe using 4" exhaust tube.

Chad

This is the 6.4 section . . . . . . . They are kind of different than the 7.3 when it comes to crank case vents.

zeigler86

Reaction score

Chad

I'd love to see pics Plz!!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Excuse the newbness, what's the benefits of doing this?

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The factory set up allows oil to build up in the charge air system making the inter cooler less efficient. I put a 90° fitting just off my oil fill canister then ran a 1"I'd hose down by the T case and hooked it to a Raccor ccv6000 catch filter canister then vented to atmosphere.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
The factory set up allows oil to build up in the charge air system making the inter cooler less efficient. I put a 90° fitting just off my oil fill canister then ran a 1"I'd hose down by the T case and hooked it to a Raccor ccv6000 catch filter canister then vented to atmosphere.

Why did you put a filter on it why not run it straight into the air

Last edited:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
After mine has been ran hard or pulling trailers it will drip a lil bit of oil from the tube. Which in turn would leave stains on driveways, concrete, ect... Having a catch filter assembly will stop that from happening if maintained correctly.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
After mine has been ran hard or pulling trailers it will drip a lil bit of oil from the tube. Which in turn would leave stains on driveways, concrete, ect... Having a catch filter assembly will stop that from happening if maintained correctly.

Exactly. Didn't want oil spray or drips under the truck, or on the truck.

Latest posts