CCV Mod

Cratos

Reaction score
I am working on my ccv mod and wonder if I can run a vent line off both valve cover locations? I have not puled the box yet to see if both holes are clear under them the mpd one just runs off the rear one.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I am working on my ccv mod and wonder if I can run a vent line off both valve cover locations? I have not puled the box yet to see if both holes are clear under them the mpd one just runs off the rear one.

The front hole is where the factory box drains the excess oil back into the motor.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
erebe2um.jpg

This is my setup mpd ccv kit to an oil catch

The mpd kit plugs the front hole

Sent from my SCH-I535

powerstroke22

Reaction score
When I'm back in the shop tomorrow I'll get a better picture but its mounted to a slot in the frame behind the crossmember

I was just going to do a ccv filter on top on the catch can and vent it out

Sent from my SCH-I535

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
we have these in stock if anyone is looking for one. I dont recommend using a catch can, these 6.7s like to pump out some crankcase pressure.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
we have these in stock if anyone is looking for one. I dont recommend using a catch can, these 6.7s like to pump out some crankcase pressure.

What would you recommend? Venting it to the atmosphere under the truck is not really an option for me here in the NYC/ Long Island area.

Cratos

Reaction score
I'm running 1 inch line in and out of the can with clear hose, going to try running it back to the turbo and see how much gets sucked back out of it working on the can so I have it ready when I have the time to install. If I have to I will vent it out at the rear bumper like I did on my old 7.3
I'll have photos later this week I hope.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm working on a Venturi kit as we speak. I have the mpd CCv kit which is awesome , but the atmosphere is pretty hazy out the drivers rear .

Dan

Reaction score
I'm working on a Venturi kit as we speak. I have the mpd CCv kit which is awesome , but the atmosphere is pretty hazy out the drivers rear .

I agree! mildly embarrassing when folks ask "what's wrong with your truck?" As they inspect where the "smoke" is coming from!

"Oh that's normal"

Hahahaha

powerstroke22

Reaction score

Never really had to do a venturi on a smaller displacement diesel but seems like I will have a problem with the can on this truck.

What are you doing as far as routing if you dont mind me asking? Right into the down pipe?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online