CCV Venturi add-on inquiry

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have CCV kits for the 6.7 pretty much all done and I got to wondering just how much interest there would be in a Venturi kit for the exhaust as well. Granted anybody can make one out of a pipe nipple and hobby welder if they wanted to but I was thinking about machining a nice billet piece to fit in the exhaust system with a Parker push-loc style fitting on the end. Just something to keep it clean and tidy. Anybody interested in us going forward with something like that? Or is everybody happy with just using hose clamps and steel pipe nipples? Speak freely

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
have you tried a venturi setup that wasn't near the exhaust exit?

the only time I ever did, it caused more crankcase pressure than leaving the CCV open to the atmosphere

on race cars, the venturi is typically in the collector with very little pipe after... even a straight pipe exhaust is going to have back pressure, especially with multiple bends in the tailpipe

just saying you might want to test it before you invest in it

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
have you tried a venturi setup that wasn't near the exhaust exit?

the only time I ever did, it caused more crankcase pressure than leaving the CCV open to the atmosphere

on race cars, the venturi is typically in the collector with very little pipe after... even a straight pipe exhaust is going to have back pressure, especially with multiple bends in the tailpipe

just saying you might want to test it before you invest in it

Oh everything will be tested before released like always. I just didn't and don't want to go through all the trouble to draw it, machine it, test it and offer it for sale if there's a small percentage of people who would be interested in it.

There are 50/50 reviews on the setups. I've personally seen positive pressure in some setups on 7.3's while I have friends and read others reviews on Venturi kits in the 6.4's who swear they work flawlessly. For me to know for sure will require testing. I think a lot of the setup functioning properly depends on placement and construction of the Venturi. Atleast that's what I'm learning anyway.

Venting to atmosphere won't be as problematic with my CCV kit. I've got it baffled pretty good to help cut down on any oil that may escape. The really bitch is the fumes. That's what I would like to get into the exhaust system.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Back pressure really isn't the issue, it is exhaust velocity. It works off of the Bernoulli principle - a venturi effect over a surface where a medium flows over an area where a raised section creates a low-pressure area in which vacuum is created via suction.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
rareseva.jpg

Seems to be working on my truck so far. Thanks for the help Steve.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Whatever you come up with I will buy. I have my MPD kit vented to the atmosphere and I hate smelling it. I would like to put it in the exhaust and it would be much easier with a kit.

gfulton

Reaction score
I have CCV kits for the 6.7 pretty much all done and I got to wondering just how much interest there would be in a Venturi kit for the exhaust as well. Granted anybody can make one out of a pipe nipple and hobby welder if they wanted to but I was thinking about machining a nice billet piece to fit in the exhaust system with a Parker push-loc style fitting on the end. Just something to keep it clean and tidy. Anybody interested in us going forward with something like that? Or is everybody happy with just using hose clamps and steel pipe nipples? Speak freely

I'm in Steve if it's engineered properly....

CATDiezel

Reaction score
How many guys understand the ventura draw for soap on a pressure washer. Mind you its on the pressure side...

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the only thing i will kind of add, is dont check just for pressure or vacuum in the line, and use that to determine if it's flowing.

you also need to check for actual flow during your testing.

a slight vacuum, while yes its flowing in the correct direction, might not be flowing enough, and raise crank pressure anyways.

that is what we found when we were testing for the one we made for our last gasser.

we wanted a very slight negative pressure in the case, and we were suprised how slow the response time was in a 1" hose that was 4ft long, and again in a 1/2" hose.

and lastly, you need to do your testing at various rpm's as well. while at 5-6k we had our vacuum, at 3k we had zero, neither positive or negative, and at idle/low speed cruising we had a slight pressure. you'll end up playing with hose size, nipple angle, and nipple protrusion into the exhaust to get it right at all rpm's.

and in your testing data, you will also need to moniter exhaust pressure POST turbo, where your putting your nipple, as that will also affect your data.

this is what we found when we put one in my old 7.3

just throwing that out there

Latest posts

Members online