Ccv ******

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have been getting a decent amount of oil in my intake, and figured i should ****** my ccv. However, i dont want it looking like the truck is on fire, nor oil dripping all over my driveway. Read notnebs posts in yhe 6.7 forum about running it to the exhaust, and was wondering if anyone has done this on a 6.0. Also what is the smoke/smell output from it? I have a stack, and dont want yhe cab covered in oil, so if its pretty bad, and i have to run a catch can i will, but id like the exhaust dump if its possible.

Thanks

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
just run a line under the truck. wont smoke as bad as you think, and if your pouring out oil, you have bigger problems then needing a CCV.

04cr450

Reaction score
Agreed^ I run mine all the way to the rear axle and never had any drops of oil or residue. Just a touch of while smoke only seen on cold days if you crawl under truck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I ran mine for 2 years under the truck.

Few issues here... The smell, the leaks, and the fact that in the winter the line can freeze solid and then you run the risk of pushing your turbo seals out, front and rear mains will swap, etc...

I put her back to stock and never looked bacm

nighthawk285

Reaction score
I pulled one out of the Cummins playbook and ran mine to the front, right by the airflow from the fan. Keeps the line short for flow and pressure, near the engine bay heat to minimize freezing issues, and the air by the fan does a good job of dispersing the gases before they really smell strong.

I'd like to do the exhaust dump, but you have to get the check valve and angle of your venturi pipe just right, or else you start sending EBP back into your CC.

Merc82

Reaction score
Ran mine in the driver's wheel well. Figured it was best to keep the run short. It works fine but can suck sitting in traffic on a hot day when the fumes aren't being scavenged out correctly. Been considering doing something else with it.

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Ran mine in the driver's wheel well. Figured it was best to keep the run short. It works fine but can suck sitting in traffic on a hot day when the fumes aren't being scavenged out correctly. Been considering doing something else with it.
Mines the same, no problems with it. No oil drips at all, smell and smoke isn't bad.

cRaZy8

Reaction score
I pulled one out of the Cummins playbook and ran mine to the front, right by the airflow from the fan. Keeps the line short for flow and pressure, near the engine bay heat to minimize freezing issues, and the air by the fan does a good job of dispersing the gases before they really smell strong.

How is this working out for you?
I thought about doing this, as on hot days if I get stuck in traffic, it does stink awful. And I have mine routed to dump just before the rear axle.
I had it near the front axle, but the smell drove me nuts.

Tx6.7Joe

Reaction score
I ran a line back behind T case to a catch can with a vent filter on top and valve on bottom to drain any collected oil.

Where did you get your catch can? I have been wanting to get one since the first day I installed my ******/reroute kit.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. As far as the exhaust dump, vibrant makes a weld in deal that i was thinking of doing. It seems the consensus here is that these aint got as much blow by as the 6.7s then? I had been reading on tge ******s they are all doing, an it seems like theyve got a hell of a lot of problems with smoke and smell.

valvetick

Reaction score
I ran large heater hose down the driver side frame rail and it dumps right in front of the spare tire next to the drivers side shock. Never ever seen a drop of oil on my driveway and only smell it when idling and standing back there hooking up trailers. My truck has very little blow by though when I pull the oil fill cap off while running it barely has anything coming out of it. Never smell anything in cab with all windows down sitting in traffic or driving etc. I don't live anywhere that gets cold enough to freeze the hose if moisture built up in there but that would be something to be concerned with. If it was that big of an issue just run a catch can and drain the oil regularly and keep it dumping into your intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose

Reaction score
I dumped mine straight down. As said earlier... if you're dripping oil you have other problems.

Only downfall is the smell while sitting in traffic and people telling my my truck is smoking.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Ran mine back the frame and up to the fuel tank.

No problems whatsoever. No smell, smog, or spots on the driveway.

Sent while hiding in a corner.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I just did mine with some 3/4" (i think) heater hose. Its ran straight down under the driver side, pokes down about where the rear mount for the radius rod mounts... No smoke, and very little noticeable smell, and nothing dripping thus far (only been like 3weeks though)

If need be ill vent to my exhaust.

I know in the turbo gasser world a very slight vacuum on the crank case frees up some power too. Not sure bout in the diesel world though.

Merc82

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned to me about possibly removing the element in the valve cover right under the CCV output. Would it help/hinder the system to pull that thing out?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Be careful how and where you run it. Sometimes you end up blowing oil through the turbo seals. If you make the ccv too restrictive then the blowby will take the next path of least resistance which are the piston seals in the turbo.

This can happen for many reasons... but most common I have seen.
Kink in hose
Too restrictive of hose and/or too long of run
putting a filter on the end of the hose
catch can filling up and restricting ccv

I think the amount of blowby has a lot to do with whether it will leak or not.

I unfortunately have a good amount blowby on by truck and I just dump mine straight down under the truck and it smokes a good amount... but I never smell it in the cab. LOL one night in a home depot parking lot while idling and check emails on my phone a guy ran over and ganged on my window... he thought something had just caught fire under my truck. It was no more blow by than usually but the way the light was hitting it made it look like a lot of smoke.

Latest posts

Members online