CEL after deleted after 400 miles???

strokr06

Reaction score
I got a check engine light today after 400 miles of driving after I deleted and unplugged my EGR valve per H&S' s instructions. Codes are P2182 (engine coolant sensor)
And (2) P0000 codes. Any ideas??? Truck still runs fine
I checked for loose connections but found nothing???
:fordoval:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think bigr had some issues like that as well, but i never heard what resolved it

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I also had the 2182 code. Per bigrpowr he told me to update my tuner and after about 3 days the code finally went away. So I would suggest the update on the tuner to see if it will fix these codes.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah I think on the 13s and up the P2182 and P160A are both codes that are fixed with updating the tuner

strokr06

Reaction score
Ok I will check that out. The tuner I have is a street tuner with some unlock code that makes it work on a 13 and do the delete. Will updateing it change any of that or hurt anything. Do I return my truck to stock and then update it and then re tune my truck?? Sorry about all the questions but I dont know anything about this tuner and dont want to hurt anything. Thanks

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Ok I will check that out. The tuner I have is a street tuner with some unlock code that makes it work on a 13 and do the delete. Will updateing it change any of that or hurt anything. Do I return my truck to stock and then update it and then re tune my truck?? Sorry about all the questions but I dont know anything about this tuner and dont want to hurt anything. Thanks

No it will not change anything about the tuner. You will have to reinstall the tunes in the truck like when you first deleted it. If you follow the instructions on the H&S website it will answer all your questions.

I wondered the same things but just went along with the update instructions and told me everything I needed to know.

strokr06

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply stevens6.7 im gonna do the update later tomorrow due to my 4 girls being outta school for spring break and they all use me for there errands. Lol :)

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply stevens6.7 im gonna do the update later tomorrow due to my 4 girls being outta school for spring break and they all use me for there errands. Lol :)

No problem man. Just give it a few days and you might have to clear the code once or twice after the update as I think that's what I had to do on mine. 4 girls on spring break I feel for you man! :toast:

Latest posts

Members online