center console, '11 fit?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
have seating for 6 in my cc. wanting to take out the center seat for a console.

don't like the '10 consoles. dad has one, and i don't like the void in front, and the cup holders really kinda suck.

the '11's go all the way to the dash. do the '12 and '13 as well? when i start looking for one, want to make sure my options are as broad as i can get them. being that new, i don't matter there going to be all over.

are they a direct replacement?

or in my case, direct installation? pull out center seat, put in console?

Matt

Reaction score
I think someone has done it, but I don't recall for sure. I know the console itself isn't very cheap. I don't think it'll work with a 6 speed either.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
auto, esof, so my floor is open.

i just want to make sure it will all fit, and what years are the same, then i'm going to get one.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think I remember seeing somebody had done it but the console didn't line up to the dash very well. You may need to source out the bottom of the 6.7 dash under the stereo to make it all mesh. Keep us posted on your progress. I want to do this in my reg cab

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i have no problem doing the mod/change first, i just like to research a little to see if there is any known issues, like yours about under the dash.

i figure if i let this stew and percolate on here for a week or two it will jog some memories, or give me things people think will be a issue.

to guys who have been inside a 08-10 and 11+ lariat, is the color of the wood grain plastic paneling the same.....tint/shade, or real close?

then, what options did the 11 console come in/with?? like outlets, plugins, pockets, colors, and the like.

ima go up to 6.7 tech and link to this thread, and get the guys who have newer console to brainstorm for me to.

Zmann

Reaction score
it's been done

it fit to the dash semi ok

it wasn't a direct bolt in and the HVAC vents were to hard to hook up for him

I have been looking for one but the one or 2 I have seen on ebay were well past what I would pay

Zmann

Reaction score
no link

it was a thread on one of the big 3 forums about 4 months ago

Zmann

Reaction score
When I put an 08 console in my 06 I found it to be too short and far forward so I modified it to work better for Me using billet blocks drilled and threaded to lift and slide back

the 11's can have a power inverter with AC plug ( useless for anything other than a laptop / phone etc/
and the AC vents not sure what else ?

Attachments

• P4030401sm.jpg
    P4030401sm.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
how's it fit between the seats, and how's it fit against the dash.

snap a few pics for me??

did you hook up the ac vents?? or leave them as ornamentation.

what color did you end up with?

tips and pointers for mounting.

happy with the end result, or would you rather have used a '10, knowing what you do now.

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
how's it fit between the seats, and how's it fit against the dash.

It was a very close fit. The trans hump is different between the 2 trucks and I did some minor trimming next to the dash for it to fit properly.
snap a few pics for me??
Yes I'll try to take some today
did you hook up the ac vents?? or leave them as ornamentation.
I did not hook them up. To much of a pain and nobody really complains about it being hot back there
what color did you end up with?
It's the factory king ranch one. Tan with the grey cup holders and king ranch arm rest.
tips and pointers for mounting.
You'll have to modify the brackets from the 10 console to work with the 12 console. Trim done of the plastic on the side to allow the different shape of the older bracket. once you get it all apart it's pretty well self explanatory on what to do.
happy with the end result, or would you rather have used a '10, knowing what you do now.
Yes I would still do this again, by far my favorite mod to the interior I have done. Well I guess it's the only thing I have done but I happy with it.

B.Warning

Reaction score
what did the console set you back?

$250 from a local superduty salvage yard. It came from a flood truck and the convertor box for the 120v and cig outlet was fried from being under water. All I did was removed the wiring and replaced the cig outlet with one from a parts store and wired it to a accessory fuse. The 120v doesn't work, but I could careless about it. Only the lower part of the console was in the water, not the actual arm rest so the leather is fine. A good cleaning and it looked like new.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.