Ceramic coated manifolds

lowbedriver

Reaction score
Anyone running ceramic coated exh. manifolds? worth the cost or not?
I'm having the up pipes and turbo coated should I do the rest?

Tom S

Reaction score
I did mine in the chrome like stuff. It does great on manifolds but discolors a little on the uppipes where it get more heat.

TARM

Reaction score
I woudl think on manifolds the only way it would help with performance would be if it was done on the inside. Maybe first a bit of porting and polishing. I mean if you have the time to tinker why not get what you can out of them. Its not going to hurt.

Tom S

Reaction score
Hard to say how much it helps as changed chargers at the same time. It sure is nice not seeing rusty ass manifold through the wheel well. I will say I like the spool of my 38r at altitude.

TARM

Reaction score
From pictures I have seen of your rig it was likely the only thing on it that had any trace of rust. You have one clean rig that is for sure. Very nice

lowbedriver

Reaction score
Tarm,I wish I had the time but this is going to be a fast r&r with the new turbo and mount
that's why I'm thinking about getting new manifolds from riffraff.

Tom do you think it made a difference in sound?

Jason, I might try that on the old manifolds,after I port and polish!!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I have ceramic coated headers on my rig. They provide a romantic underglow for the truck when you take your date truck pulling with you. LOL

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have ceramic coated headers and up-pipes going on my 450.

For you, I would think that it would help, just based on how the ceramic coat works but I doubt you would notice the difference. It would be mainly for looks.

ytee

Reaction score
While my motor was out getting rebuilt I had my Manifolds, up pipes, y pipe, turbo exhaust housing, and down pipe Jet Hot coated. Everythiing is coated inside and out except the turbo exhaust housing. I really could not tell you if it makes it run better or not because of all the changes done to the motor. It's funny that someone asked if it makes a different noise, my turck makes a funny noise at low boost. Also, I modded the H2E while the motor was out so I have been blaming the different noise on that. Now I am wondering if it could have something to do with the coating?

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.