Change password

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I had to change my password when I got on a minute ago. Said it was 906 days old and "must be changed."

Then, coming back on a few minutes later I had to log in again, again.

Anybody else having issues?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
New security measures. A password change will be required every 180 days. Sorry for the small inconvenience.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you pick remember password when you logged back in? The checkbox keeps you from being logged out.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I did have the box checked, might be issues with the browser, no worries.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I did have the box checked, might be issues with the browser, no worries.

Well if it keeps making you log in let me know and I'll check on it. Should remember after a certain point but I know some browsers have a remember password feature and it wont have the new password you picked in it so when you relaunch your browser and come back to the site it enters the wrong password making you have to log in manually again.

Each browser keeps up with that stuff differently. So if it keeps making you log in let me know and we can figure out how to get your browser to remember the new password.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Same here... I was afraid it was some sort of trickery LOL

mepydu6a.jpg

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Mine was like 725 so I figured it was automatic since it was a number like that... guess I'm gullible since I dismissed it as being a hacker thing LOL

derrick36

Reaction score
Got the same message. Used the same password again. Is it supposed to be that way?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well for security your supposed to pick a new password :)

Its not supposed to let you pick the same one again. Was at first but I fixed that I think.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
It didn't let me use the same one.

Gotta be different don't you... LOL

PsRumors

Reaction score
New security measures. A password change will be required every 180 days. Sorry for the small inconvenience.

Why? It's not like this is work, private or anything serious. What is trying to be prevented?

If anyone does have a password tracking virus their password was just compromised on this mandatory password change.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
A hacker gets in to a registered users acct they have further access to other areas that may have software flaws in it.

Not to mention you losing ALL your posts and ALL your pm's.

Really all the info I want to put out on it.

You guys should all thank Crowz for his hard work the past week. Many have no idea what had to be done behind the scenes. Many many hours invested.

Latest posts

Members online