Changed fuel filters, MPG tanked

08Monster

Reaction score
Dealership I bought this truck from (2014 F350) did the maintenance on this truck. The first 2 weeks I had it, it had the old oil, fuel filter, etc. Mileage was a constant 18.5-19. Changed it all today, they used some ****ty ass "mighty" filters and now my mileage is 15.5. Are the filters the culprit? Thanks in advance

TyCorr

Reaction score
Use motorcraft fuel filters and report back

So you are thinking the fuel filters are the culprit? Should I make the change to OEM?

It looks like thats exactly what he is saying.

Seen issues like this over and over...and over LOL

One guy at work kept buying wix filters for his lly. Idled rough and would throw codes and limp the truck. Its common knowledge on the interwebz but he wouldnt listen. So I let him brush the advice off. Hey, if saving a few bucks on a fuel filter is worth 25mph top speed a few trips a month, go for it. Not you, the guy I work with. My buddy did the same thing but when his started up and began chugging after two days he remembered and got a gm fuel filter and g2g.

cmrizzo_79

Reaction score
FYI, after a fuel filter change at the dealer, don't buy the "it smess like diesel because we changed the filter" comment. The new filter they used had a crack in it and in the 5 mile round trip to get back to the dealer after I noticed the diesel smell getting worse resulted in 1/8 of a tank gone..... Not related, but thought I'd let y'all know to pop your hood and check defore leaving the dealership.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dealership I bought this truck from (2014 F350) did the maintenance on this truck. The first 2 weeks I had it, it had the old oil, fuel filter, etc. Mileage was a constant 18.5-19. Changed it all today, they used some ****ty ass "mighty" filters and now my mileage is 15.5. Are the filters the culprit? Thanks in advance
are you tuned and dereeted?

live life full throttle

08Monster

Reaction score
did you have any updated ecm flashes done at the factory like emissions recal stuff... can't remember if that was for all years?

live life full throttle
Not since I did the service. I just bought it about a month ago.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
look into the torque pro app and get a bluetooth adapter off amazon. that is what i use. i started with a 10 dollar cheapy adapter. the app cost like 5 bucks. it works very well and you being stock it will monitor all 4 egt sensors, regen status, fuel rail pressure, tire pressures, wheel speed sensors, a lot of different things that are nice to see for 15 bucks..

however, i did end up buying the propper bluetooth adapter that cost 60 bucks on amazon just because it reads way faster and i thought i was dropping rail pressure way bad but it turned out to be that the cheap adapter wasnt keeping up at the dragstrip.

live life full throttle

08Monster

Reaction score
What adapter would you recommend? Just the cheapo. I'd like to monitor regens also. I plan on deleeting within a month.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What adapter would you recommend? Just the cheapo. I'd like to monitor regens also. I plan on deleeting within a month.
i started with a cheapo but the obd link mx is way faster at reading.

this one off amazon was 50 or 60 bucks.
b76eca8942ba45fb32c562d351eb7662.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i just checked amazon and they are back up to 99 bucks.. the kiwi plx is a good one too and i see that one is 70ish bucks.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online