Check Coolant Additive Warning

Reaction score
I have a friend with a 2011 6.7 that this warning light popped up on. The truck is new to him and it currently has just over 40k miles on it.

I am fairly familiar with what needs to be tested and added etc but my question is where can I get the test strips and the additive if needed.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this information?

"Maxie"

Reaction score
I have a friend with a 2011 6.7 that this warning light popped up on. The truck is new to him and it currently has just over 40k miles on it.

I am fairly familiar with what needs to be tested and added etc but my question is where can I get the test strips and the additive if needed.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this information?

You can buy the test kits online but make sure to buy both kits. You have to test both coolant systems, primary and secondary.
Test for Nitrite Contamination.
Test for the percentage of Glycol for freeze protection.
Test for coolant reserve alkalinity.
And test for Corrosion Inhibitor (Contamination) Level.
Make sure the coolant is at room temperature and not hot when testing. If you have to add anything make sure it Is ONLY Ford Motorcraft VC-12 Coolant Revitalizer!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
We took the truck to the dealer today and they said they would test it for free. Then they said when we got there that the coolant is good for 100k miles and there is no reason to test or add anything to it at this time.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
We took the truck to the dealer today and they said they would test it for free. Then they said when we got there that the coolant is good for 100k miles and there is no reason to test or add anything to it at this time.

Lol.

Do you have anything in writing? Its more for oil cooler or egr cooler warranty than anything. If the coolant doesnt test good they can make you pay for it.

Personally I wouldnt worry about it but thats me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew

Reaction score
Read the fine print before you open it be sure it's for the OAT (organic acid technology) coolants..

Latest posts

Members online