Check coolant additive?...

17BLKplat

Reaction score
null_zpsa7f5bd0d.jpg

That's what it's said for 800 miles or so now. Truck drives normally, but this comes up every time I start it. Was a bit low but I topped it off so the coolant level is spot on, doesn't look contaminated or anything noticeable like that.

Not in the mood to take it to the dealer either lol

Whatcha guys think?

Mpoage

Reaction score
You reset it just like you reset your oil change notification. I dont even know what you're supposed to check so when it comes on I just reset it and go about my day. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its basically a Ph level check from what I understand. Its a test strip if things are good you do nothing if they are off you add some additive till it checks good. Its their way to void oil cooler failures... Imho it would be better ti actually check with the dealer... You can reset it on the dash tho just like oil changes.

thirdgenlxi

Reaction score
There's a test kit we use to test it, it checks the RA (reserve alkalinity) with one test strip, then tests for contamination with another test strip. That message pops up right around ever 15k miles. I've never had one actually test bad. Costs a couple bucks to have it tested at the dealer, otherwise just reset it under the maintenance menu (same place you reset your oil life and fuel filters)

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i just reset mine and wait till its time for an oil change and then tell the dealer that i reset it and they need to check it for me. and i go on about my day.

Ragu9000

Reaction score
mine is on now too. I have a buddy who has has his truck from 0miles till 33k miles now and he has never gotten that light?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have never seen it with mine. Bought it with 28K now has just over 50K. I went ahead and had the dealer flush mine out anyways just for a piece of mind since it has been drained then reused.

Ragu9000

Reaction score
I have never seen it with mine. Bought it with 28K now has just over 50K. I went ahead and had the dealer flush mine out anyways just for a piece of mind since it has been drained then reused.

How much did that run you? I read somewhere it was 1700 bucks but that may have not been a valid source

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

you have never seen the check coolant message on the dash? Maybe mine is a tempermental b^tch, and wants it checked every 10k i guess lol.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
28k here on my 2012. Never had that message pop up before. Bone stock

A buddy though has h&s and deletes and his message pops up about every oil change

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Had mine from 11miles to now around 9k never had it come on yet. Next oil change at 10k.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I got some Baldwin filter strips to check it the other day. Would that read the same stuff?

Latest posts

Members online