Child Seat in Super Duty

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Quick question. I haven't looked at a newer one, but they don't have the latch system hooks in the crease of the seat? My '06 Dodge has them. If you put your hand in there you can feel them. It's too bad if the Fords don't have them.

Chris

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Quick question. I haven't looked at a newer one, but they don't have the latch system hooks in the crease of the seat? My '06 Dodge has them. If you put your hand in there you can feel them. It's too bad if the Fords don't have them.

Chris
Chev & dodge have them. Ford don't, they believe super duties are not family vehicles I guess.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Chev & dodge have them. Ford don't, they believe super duties are not family vehicles I guess.

Do the back of the seats even come down. In my last three dmaxes the seat bottom folds up. Back doesnt move. That kinda shoots the lower seat mounted anchors to shti doesnt it :shrug:

And no. My 11,12, and I got a brand new 14 two weeks ago. No anchors in the rear seat.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I bought a pad set at target for under the seat to protect my leather. it has worked like a charm. the shoulder belts do lock. you have to pull them all the way out first. I use my elbow while I pull , it has worked like a charm so far. I get the seat VERY tight, no movement at all. its just kind of a trick you have to mess with a bit. amp steps seem to help my cause. my girl loves burnouts and boosted launches, seat hasn't moved an inch, and I take it out kinda often cuz I have a few trucks.

Does the middle seat belt lock when extended all the way out?
I cannot seem to get the middle belt to lock for some reason....

I too have no problem with a car seat in my truck and also use the mat from target. Very nice and sticks to the leather well.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Does the middle seat belt lock when extended all the way out?
I cannot seem to get the middle belt to lock for some reason....

I too have no problem with a car seat in my truck and also use the mat from target. Very nice and sticks to the leather well.

No it does not lock

MCarter788

Reaction score
We'll I got the new seat and installed it. I now feel much safer about my 2 year old riding in my truck. I places a padded board under the seat so my leather is protected, and I hook the tether and the seatbelt through the seat. Then I used the double C clamp on the two seat belt straps for extra security.
9evapa3u.jpg

ve7yza3y.jpg

benunazu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jngreen

Reaction score
I bought a pad set at target for under the seat to protect my leather. it has worked like a charm. the shoulder belts do lock. you have to pull them all the way out first. I use my elbow while I pull , it has worked like a charm so far. I get the seat VERY tight, no movement at all. its just kind of a trick you have to mess with a bit. amp steps seem to help my cause. my girl loves burnouts and boosted launches, seat hasn't moved an inch, and I take it out kinda often cuz I have a few trucks.

Thanks for the tip on how to get the belts to lock. It doesn't happen often, but I feel much more comfortable having my little girl in the back seat of the old V10. I just tested it out and its still a little awkward with the shoulder belt on the short extended cab seat, but much better than before. Now I have to get a rear facing seat for my 7 mo old boy to sit in the middle since he has out grown his baby carrier.

Clean-15

Reaction score
We'll I got the new seat and installed it. I now feel much safer about my 2 year old riding in my truck. I places a padded board under the seat so my leather is protected, and I hook the tether and the seatbelt through the seat. Then I used the double C clamp on the two seat belt straps for extra security.

Can we see a pic of the board you made? Thanks in advance!

MCarter788

Reaction score
Can we see a pic of the board you made? Thanks in advance!

It's a 1/2" board wrapped in black leather with 1" thick foam cushioning I between them. I put the foam side towards my seats so it's cushion against cushion. Then I put leather on the back of the board too because the child seat sticks to it better than if it were just against the wood.
ahuheqet.jpg

yvu7y9yh.jpg

by2yny6y.jpg

y4uzyqe7.jpg

Clean-15

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks! That's a great idea to keep the seat from getting wrinkled! Our Lexus back seat will never be the same, it's ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The pad from target is perfect and protects the seat just fine. No creases or wrinkles.

tms217

Reaction score
I put my son in the middle. I route the passenger side of the latch system down through the seat and on the belt mounting that is bolted to the floor. On the drivers side, I latch on the loop hole that the seat belt connection sits.. I can get pictures tonight if anyone is interested..

tms217

Reaction score
Here is what I did, I thought I put one side down further, but I guess not.. Sorry about the one fuzzy pic, but it was dark out there. I can get another one if y'all need the clarity..

Attachments

• 20140624_182907.jpg
    20140624_182907.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20140624_182807.jpg
    20140624_182807.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

MCarter788

Reaction score
Here is what I did, I thought I put one side down further, but I guess not.. Sorry about the one fuzzy pic, but it was dark out there. I can get another one if y'all need the clarity..

Not a bad idea.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.