chip compatability??

Jason

Reaction score
I have a friend who had Matt's tunes on a 6 position ts chip, and about 3 months later he sold that truck. Well, he kept the chip and offered it to me (for my 2k truck). My question is, what needs to be done to run this on my truck? Diff pcm codes make a difference I would think...right?

Secomdly, while I am at it..I want to put a muffler on the truck, something along the lines of a BTM, is this going to be too restrictive causing issues with egt's when combined with the stock air box??

Thanks in advance.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Depends what year the truck was that the chip came off of, best bet is to get it reburned first.

Jason

Reaction score
2002 truck, sorry. If i have to get it reburned, I may as well just buy a new chip. I havent looked to see what pcm i have, but my factory shift strategies are identical to the ones on the pmt1 format Matt uses, and the way it shifts got me thinking about his tunes.

co04cobra

Reaction score
02 wont interchange with your PCM. Most of the time 99-01s will.

co04cobra

Reaction score
It would have to be reburned. Your dpc is 462. Most tuners use dpc 422 on 99-01. It's not a direct swap.

On edit. Your truck is dpc 421. 02s are 462. Wanted to clarify.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
What is $175.00 shipped Matt? Im factoring the cost of buying it $125.00 ish...and then if someone is paid full price for tunes, but I guess I am forgetting reburns are inexpensive.

DocBar

Reaction score
What is $175.00 shipped Matt? Im factoring the cost of buying it $125.00 ish...and then if someone is paid full price for tunes, but I guess I am forgetting reburns are inexpensive.
Just send the chip toMatt, get it reburned, and be happy. Forget the cost. You and your truck will be happy forever more.

Jason

Reaction score
Ive ran Matt's tuning before. I was happy, truck was happy, converter hated life though lol.

Didn't realize it was that cheap, I will let you know when I'm ready to send it your way, if I pick it up.

Anybody have any input on the muffler and intake? I don't want another 6637 filter, and I despise the way a straight piped diesel sounds nowadays. How big of a factor egt/performance wise do a stock airbox and a btm muffler play?

Latest posts

Members online