Choosing an Intake

B.Warning

Reaction score
I had a S&B on my truck and hated it. The fit was terrible and hated the process of removing it to clean. Plus I was constantly sucking the minder down. I have a AFE stg 2/ dry with the fliter sock and the fit and finish is much nicer, and easier to remove and clean.

AFE gets my vote.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
What is it you didn't like about the S&B intake? I haven't heard anybody say anything bad about them, I've actually been leaning toward S&B.

From what I gather there seems to be two trains of thought regarding the S&B CAI. Its either you have or do run S&B and think the fit and finish is good, or you have tried to run their intake/filter kit and felt the fit was terrible. As I stated before I am pro S&B, the fit of mine was spot on so this really doesn't make a lot sense to me, how can the fit spectrum be so drastically different? I have the sneaking suspicion that a bad run or a part mix up somehow got past quality control and found its way onto the shelves. Everyone I know who runs them has suffered zero issues. Weird.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i like my airaid. big and easy to work on. heres a couple pics.

DSCN2912.jpg

DSCN2904.jpg

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
A bit pricey. Have you had any problems with it yet?

not at all, the only reason i used it was because the mbrp cac was farther appart then where the oem one lined up. the stock boot was 2 inches to short, so that was the easiest fix. thermal flex hose is the brand i think.

mbrp05.jpg

mbrp08.jpg

mbrp04.jpg

mbrp01.jpg

you can see the difference vs the stock one.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Hasn't Dillehay been using the Airaid intake with his turbo's and no problems? When I go to more turbo that will be the route I go if he indeed never had issues with it. For a stock application I have always preferred the AFE Stage II. It's simple and gets the job done. Easy install, easy cleaning.

redx

Reaction score
I ordered a afe duramax filter(18" long, 5" inlet diameter) gonna try and mod it into my sb, even with 345 tune it doesnt like to keep up. If it doesnt fit, battery is coming out and custom airbox will be made.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hasn't Dillehay been using the Airaid intake with his turbo's and no problems? When I go to more turbo that will be the route I go if he indeed never had issues with it. For a stock application I have always preferred the AFE Stage II. It's simple and gets the job done. Easy install, easy cleaning.

I am almost positive he is using an S&B. He has had good luck with it so I tried it but didn't work out for me.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
How well do the airaid filters keep dirt out?, I have one that came on my pickup that I work out of and I work out in the dust and dirt a lot.

fine69

Reaction score
Well after talking to Ben at Rudy's and Mike at KEM, I decided to get the S&B intake. They both said the S&B will work perfect with my truck and future mods. I also ordered an H&S Mini-Max with KEM tunes up to the 345 and a DPF/DOC delete pipe. Now I just have to wait for UPS to show up.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Well after talking to Ben at Rudy's and Mike at KEM, I decided to get the S&B intake. They both said the S&B will work perfect with my truck and future mods. I also ordered an H&S Mini-Max with KEM tunes up to the 345 and a DPF/DOC delete pipe. Now I just have to wait for UPS to show up.

S&B FTW

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yes Mikeys is an S&B . What are you thinking about goin with Erik ?

I believe what I am running now is a AFE. It was at Toxic when I was picking it up and I made my own intake out of parts they let me use. My main issue is the battery being in the way. I need to position it behind the intake. From looking at it, there should be room. Just need my truck running again before any of those issues are addressed.

Latest posts

Members online