Clean light bar and Rigid fogs install?

13KingRanch

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to install a 40" light bar in my front bumper and replace my fog lights with the rigid fogs. I was just curious to see if anyone could do a write up on a clean installation with no cutting or grinding anything off the truck if its even possible lol. Ive heard in some places that you have to cut the tow hooks off for the 40" and in other places i've heard that they just pop off with 2 or 3 bolts. I also was wondering if the fogs are difficult to install and that you have to make home made brackets. Some info would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i didnt have to cut to fit my 40 other than the tow hooks. i trimmed a tiny bit to clean up the install. let me know if i can help you with a light bar. and yes, hit up josh for the fogs, im getting a set from him as well.

Motostroker

Reaction score
yruzypyh.jpg

You have to cut the tow hooks to fit a 40. Two hooks and the bumper front mount bolts are integrated into one piece. To put the fogs on just PM josh or make your own. Either one. I just got done with my install

mwdguy

Reaction score
As everyone else stated the tow hooks are the bumper mounts so the hook had to be cut. Also to get it to sit in the bumper on the mounts correctly you must trim the black bumper bracket a little.

Attachments

• IMG_00000300.jpg
    IMG_00000300.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As everyone else stated the tow hooks are the bumper mounts so the hook had to be cut. Also to get it to sit in the bumper on the mounts correctly you must trim the black bumper bracket a little.

as did i from your install.

Reaction score
Yes to install the 40" the tow hooks must be removed. I removed the vertical leg of the inner bumper bracket so that the bar could be recessed as much as possible and not touch anything.

I have brackets and wiring almost ready for sale for the fog light kit. it will be completely bolt on as well as plug and play. No drilling, no wiring splicing needed.

If you don't already have the rigid bars or duallys let me know and I can get you a great package price on it all.

13KingRanch

Reaction score
Yes to install the 40" the tow hooks must be removed. I removed the vertical leg of the inner bumper bracket so that the bar could be recessed as much as possible and not touch anything.

I have brackets and wiring almost ready for sale for the fog light kit. it will be completely bolt on as well as plug and play. No drilling, no wiring splicing needed.

If you don't already have the rigid bars or duallys let me know and I can get you a great package price on it all.

Sounds good i will let you know for sure once they go up fore sale!

Reaction score
You could do a 40" Single Row like this one that I did. It will fit above the tow hooks and requires no cutting or modifying other than 2 drilled holes to mount the bar.

IMG_8971_zps31c2ef81.jpg

Rowdy

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend the dually spots or floods for the fog lights. I have both just wonder which will work best. So you guys are having to fab up brackets to get the duallys in the stock fog location?

Reaction score
I feel like if you drive in crowded city areas the spots are going to be better for you. If you drive around darker rural roads the floods will be better.

I have a bracket kit with plug and play wiring harness that will be for sale next week. Im just waiting on the production pieces to come in.

taterthedog

Reaction score
That SR 40" looks awesome in there. If I had that body style I would definitely go that way so I could keep my tow hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowdy

Reaction score
I feel like if you drive in crowded city areas the spots are going to be better for you. If you drive around darker rural roads the floods will be better.

I have a bracket kit with plug and play wiring harness that will be for sale next week. Im just waiting on the production pieces to come in.

Awesome! I am interested in your kit. I actually won my 2 sets of duallys at Ducks Unlimited. So I have a set of spots and a set of floods. I think I will be using the floods on my truck.

13KingRanch

Reaction score
My fog light kits are now on the website and ready to order. Should be shipping before the end of the week.

http://www.thedieselcartel.com/category_s/1959.htmhttp://www.thedieselcartel.com/category_s/1959.htm

Hey man I will be placing my order within the next couple days, I was also wondering if they'll work on the 08-10 trucks? Or if there is anyone that makes a kit for the 8-10's with the rigids. Looking to get my older brother a Christmas present!

Reaction score
Hey man I will be placing my order within the next couple days, I was also wondering if they'll work on the 08-10 trucks? Or if there is anyone that makes a kit for the 8-10's with the rigids. Looking to get my older brother a Christmas present!

We don't have anything 08-10 specific yet but that along with 05-07 is in progress.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Awesome! I am interested in your kit. I actually won my 2 sets of duallys at Ducks Unlimited. So I have a set of spots and a set of floods. I think I will be using the floods on my truck.

rowdy i run the flood lights on my truck for fog lights and around here they work great cause they dont piss off on coming traffic to much, and when you get out in the sticks they light up the 2 lane country highways very nicely as well.

Latest posts

Members online